Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Too much chrome?

Thanks
    Micra's aren't supposed to have chrome, just a step in the wrong direction for this car. I'm just glad they never turned it into a sedan...yet.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupert Rabbit View Post
    I don't like the chrome badge on the steering wheel. When the sun is low and coming in from the side it sets up a strong dazzle that I can do without. Last fall I put some auto wax on the chrome and the thick haze killed the glare but it eventually wore off. I think I will try some 0000 steel wool to remove the chrome.
    Name:  emblem.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  42.2 KB

Had a go at this today. Learned that textured surfaces like the sterring wheel dont provide a clean edge to pull away the excess. So on the second attempt (after peeling off the first) i left the plasti dip on the inside parts of the logo. Still dont look bad. REMEMBER cover your instrument cluster! Didnt have any newspaper so got some overspray and had to wipe it with xylene to get it off the plastic...and of course because the plastic on the instrument cluster is so cheap it now has more scratches in it.

Was fun anyway

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-02-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Name:  emblem.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  42.2 KB

Had a go at this today. Learned that textured surfaces like the sterring wheel dont provide a clean edge to pull away the excess. So on the second attempt (after peeling off the first) i left the plasti dip on the inside parts of the logo. Still dont look bad. REMEMBER cover your instrument cluster! Didnt have any newspaper so got some overspray and had to wipe it with xylene to get it off the plastic...and of course because the plastic on the instrument cluster is so cheap it now has more scratches in it.

Was fun anyway
    If anyone ever wish to remove the badge on the steering wheel. This is how it is secured in place.
    Name:  20170429_100904_HDR.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  91.2 KB

Thanks
    I'm not very chrome-y person, I think that the inside handles look hideous, too each his own I guess

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Micra SV manual: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Chef: That was a very effective solution. Well done.

Thanks
    Took a look at a Micra with the airbag deployed while I was at the auto wrecker. Ill be taking mine off to paint it.