Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Accident in my Micra!!! :(

Thanks
    The Versa got a flat and I changed into a vw golf so I won't get to see difference

Also sad news no more Micra for me.

Welp my Micra was a write off, I will post the repair estimate later but with parts labour and tAxes it is 11,000 dollars to fix!!!!

Bye bye Micra ;(

Thanks
    Nooo!

Now what?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    They give 12,300 dollars towards my loan leaving me with an outstanding balance of 5,000......... no way for me to finance another car so gunna have to look at getting a used car cheap idk what else to do.

Thanks
    That really bites - sorry to hear it.

Especially considering it wasn't your fault!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    That doesnt seem right...you must be able to collect the 5k from someone if it wasnt your fault?

Never been through that sceanario though...keep fighting!!?

hmmm...some research says this IS all you get..... although it the car is written off you MUST have sustained some injuries..and pain and suffering...hopefully 5 K worth

more research.......

usa though....but it makes SENSE

http://www.all-about-car-accidents.c...oney-a-totale#

If another driver is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to receive compensation for the difference between your vehicle’s cash value and what you actually owe on the car. You do this by filing a “third party” claim with the other driver’s insurance company. Learn more about Filing a Third-Party Claim for Vehicle Damage.

i wouldnt sign ANYTHING WITH THE INSURANCE COMPANY RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!???

http://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php?topic=41958.0

i think you should not just settle for someone costing you 5K, you really need to fight this!??

Is there anyone on this forum with ontario law experience ????
    Last edited by MrMicra2015; 12-16-2016 at 09:35 PM.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMicra2015 View Post
    That doesnt seem right...you must be able to collect the 5k from someone if it wasnt your fault?

Never been through that sceanario though...keep fighting!!?

hmmm...some research says this IS all you get..... although it the car is written off you MUST have sustained some injuries..and pain and suffering...hopefully 5 K worth

more research.......

usa though....but it makes SENSE

http://www.all-about-car-accidents.c...oney-a-totale#

If another driver is at fault for your car accident, you should be able to receive compensation for the difference between your vehicle’s cash value and what you actually owe on the car. You do this by filing a “third party” claim with the other driver’s insurance company. Learn more about Filing a Third-Party Claim for Vehicle Damage.
    what can I do in Canada Ontario though, u KNOW we have no-fault insurance and therefore your own insurance company deals with damages and compensation.

Thanks
    in may be "no fault" for INJURIES...but not for other stuff..thats what i am reading for other provinces ..U need to find some friend, of a friend whos an ontario lawyer. (i edited link..more info)

theoretically..its the owner of the car (the finance company) that has a problem...once they stop providing you a car...wouldnt that be in a breach of THEIR terms ?

PS ..as u can see I am NOT a lawyer..lol
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    no fault is for everything. You deal solely with ur own insurance company and they pay out thats all there is to it.

idk what to do, just looking to buy a used car to commute to work as there isnt much else i can do.

Nissan finance told me that payments will continue to come out until it is paid off or you can pay it off sooner.

Thanks
    That's suck so much Chris, $5k loan and no micra

Are you parting out the hood cover and side window cover? I am willing to buy it if shipping is good.

Thanks
    Fudge bud that sucks. I had to haggle my insurance company for sure to get what I still owed on my S to pay it off at the Nissan dealership before basically starting all over again with my SV. They gave you twelve grand and you still owed seventeen after two years? Hmm are you sure thats right? After two years of making a car payment that seems pretty high. Idk.