Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you appreciate the VDC? (Vehicle Dynamic Control)

Thanks

Do you appreciate the VDC? (Vehicle Dynamic Control)

I love the abilities of the VDC in the Micra. If you dont know it basically applies break pressure to help rotate the car and fight oversteer. I think it works great and never turn it off anymore it works so well and can really help in a jam. It really lets you jump into a turn without having to over break before hand. It really helps in situations where the factory tires just want to give but the VDC helps keep the vehicle from under-steering. If the car was tracked prep it would certainly be off but on the street with average tires it helps rotate the car at high speeds without breaking.

Anyways I think the VDC is great and really helps the fun factor of this car.

Thanks
    The first time I ever experienced this feature was actually in a Micra.

When I borrowed the media fleet Micra SR from Nissan, I was driving home at night on country roads. One stretch of the highway was covered with hundreds of frogs, so I started playing Frogger to keep from squishing the ones that weren't already flattened.

Note to self: frogs are slippery.

Stability control came on a couple of times during "evasive maneuvers".

A friend of mine recently got a BRZ, and she took me for a spin on a wet, twisty country road. She got a bit too aggressive with the throttle in one corner and started to lose the back end -- we literally would have gone for a spin if the stability control hadn't kicked in!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    PS: did you know the cruise control will cancel itself if you cause the stability control to activate?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Always remember to turn VDC off if your sort of stuck in heavy snow and trying to get out.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eddy For This Useful Post:

DirtyMicra23 (12-10-2016),MetroMPG (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Not sure what this is. Is it traction control?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra SR manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)

edit: see post below for description

Thanks
    Description (selected text, not all of it) from the 2015 Micra brochure:

The Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) system uses various sensors to monitor driver inputs and vehicle motion. Under certain driving conditions, the VDC System helps to perform the following functions:

● Controls brake pressure to reduce wheel slip on one slipping drive wheel so power is transferred to a non slipping drive wheel on the same axle.

● Controls brake pressure and engine output to reduce drive wheel slip based on vehicle speed (traction control function).

● Controls brake pressure at individual wheels and engine output to help the driver maintain control of the vehicle in the following conditions:
    – understeer (vehicle tends to not follow the steered path despite increased steering input)
    – oversteer (vehicle tends to spin due to certain road or driving conditions)

The VDC system can help the driver to maintain control of the vehicle, but it cannot prevent loss of vehicle control in all driving situations.

---

When the VDC system operates, the indicator in the instrument panel flashes so note the
    following:

● The road may be slippery or the system may determine some action is required to help
    keep the vehicle on the steered path.

● You may feel a pulsation in the brake pedal and hear a noise or vibration from under the
    hood. This is normal and indicates that the VDC system is working properly.

● Adjust your speed and driving to the road conditions.

---

The VDC system is automatically reset to on when the ignition switch is placed in the off
    position then back to the on position.

The computer has a built in diagnostic feature that tests the system each time you start the
    engine and move the vehicle forward or in reverse at a slow speed. When the self-test occurs, you may hear a clunk noise and/or feel a pulsation in the brake pedal. This is normal and is not an
    indication of a malfunction.

WARNING

● The VDC system is designed to help the driver maintain stability but does not prevent accidents due to abrupt steering operation at high speeds or by careless or dangerous driving techniques.

Reduce vehicle speed and be especially careful when driving and cornering on slippery surfaces and always drive carefully

Thanks
    Ya, I see it now. I thought that was the Traction Control button, but I guess it's the same idea.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra SR manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    been using it in the snow here in vancouver, sounds like an airchisel is against the car.when it activates...first car with abs or traction control so dont know much about it. Am used to the 99 honda where steering wheel input angle and throttle went hand in hand on snowto keep in a straight line The micra isnt like that.
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    The VDC helps makes the cleanest 90* turns