Thread: Micra S : Getting a whole new Engine (oil comsuption)

Thanks

Thumbs up Micra S : Getting a whole new Engine (oil comsuption)

Been I while I did not make any news on here... So here are some news of my micra...

Well recently, this summer (2016) I found out that my micra consomed alot of oils, even before the apointement of 8000km* (synthetic) at the rate of seing no more oils on the "brakets"...

Here I am, getting a complety new engine for my micra, under waranty (OMG thnx...) Head/bottom/block everything new engine while. So I will be at 60 000km back with a brand new engine. Just hope it didnt happen again anymore. I was consuming oil an at rate of 600ml/2500km. So by the end of the 8000km circle (synthetic oil) there was no more oils on the "brackets" thing to check the oil level... so at least 2/3 oils was gone.

So yeah, they did say never hapenned before to an other micra owner... but it almost impossible that I was the only one with that problem, or I was just getting very in bad luck?

My courtesy car is currently an brand new (got it with 14km on the clock) Versa SV with "tech package" and cvt transmision... First thought, I was imprese to have "all kind of gadgets" (reverse camera, bluetooth, nissan connect, etc...) compared to the "S" Micra it an update. I was like, wow I got an brand new car, almost double value than my micra, that so cool!

But, with some time having it... I'm really not impress by the CVT transmision. Since i do dislike automatic car, so CVT it even worse for my taste. Also, the car it bigger, weigth more, brake less, slower acceleration, same engine than ur micra, worse fuel consumption (by little). Well, it is more an "familly" car than a small lightweight/kinda sport car feeling that I get with my 5speed manuel micra. ( Just can't wait to get my car back.. ARGH!)

*Short/long story... just keep in mind to check your oil comsumption on your micra engine!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pilip948 For This Useful Post:

Moose (11-27-2016)

Thanks
    Finnaly got my car, feel better the be with a brand new motors, feel smoother! Here all the parts they changed.Name:  20161129_131031_Québec 327.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  99.2 KBName:  20161129_131053_Québec 327.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  97.9 KB

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pilip948 For This Useful Post:

Daox (12-08-2016),MetroMPG (12-05-2016),micrapolis (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    That's too bad about the original engine, but good that Nissan looked after you. Heureux avec ton dealership?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

micrapolis (12-05-2016)

Thanks
    J'ai eu beaucoup de difficulté avec mon dealership auparavant, pour être bien honnète.
    Par contre, depuis le temps que j'ai constater qui ma micra prenait beaucoup trop d'huile. (Cet été) Ils ont très bien faites leurs job... sauf j'ai beaucoup poussé aussi. Je suis juste beaucoup déçu qui ne communique pas ou presque avec leurs clients... Super gros points faible de lors part... Du au nombre de fois que j'y suis passer.

Le tout est règlé, ça qui compte le plus!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pilip948 View Post
    Vraiment! At least they didn't try to deny that your car had a problem.

Ca a pris environ une semaine pour faire les reparations?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    the whole testing and checking problem, them changing the motors took 2 week day of work.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pilip948 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-07-2016)

Thanks
    2 days = not bad.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pilip948 View Post
    J'ai eu beaucoup de difficulté avec mon dealership auparavant, pour être bien honnète.
    Par contre, depuis le temps que j'ai constater qui ma micra prenait beaucoup trop d'huile. (Cet été) Ils ont très bien faites leurs job... sauf j'ai beaucoup poussé aussi. Je suis juste beaucoup déçu qui ne communique pas ou presque avec leurs clients... Super gros points faible de lors part... Du au nombre de fois que j'y suis passer.

malheureusement, nos dealers son tout aussi terrible que les americains T_T

i wonder what the experience is, getting proper service in Europe/Asia...or at least other developed countries.

Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ