Thread: Difference between sport vs. regular headlights (pics)... sport tail lights?

Thanks

Difference between sport vs. regular headlights (pics)... sport tail lights?

The just released Micra pricing info says the top spec Micra SR has "sport headlights / taillights".

I hadn't noticed the difference, so did a bit of digging. Here are the two different headlights styles:

Name:  micra-sport-headlight.jpg
Views: 2724
Size:  48.1 KB

The only difference I see is one headlight has built in orange refraction for the parking light. The other must just have an orange bulb.

(Whew. For a moment there I thought maybe the non-SR cars were going to have the pre-facelifted oval headlights. But of course that wouldn't make sense.)

The question is: which is sport and which is regular?

The Micra I saw at the Ottawa show had SR badging and the orange refraction in the headlight. But the SR-badged red Micra in the Nissan-supplied photos doesn't have it.

And the blue car in the above photo is definitely not the SR: no fog lights, no rocker skirts, no rear spoiler, no chrome fascia accents, no 16 in. wheels.

As for the tail lights, I couldn't find any difference in any of the images I saw. If you spot anything, feel free to post it here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Shiny = better.

The orange colored lens is probably the standard, the chromed version would be sport. That's just a guess, but it follows the pattern that most cars follow.

Thanks
    Haha, good question. I like the yellow/black/chrome look better than the all chrome.

Thanks
    I agree with Darcane, I bet the sport is the non-amber reflector housing.

Then again, maybe it's just because I like those ones better...

Thanks
    I prefer an amber indicator lens. Some clear lens / amber bulb combinations can be dangerously hard to distinguish, especially with the headlights on, or in bright sunlight.
    Also, what is 'sport' about this? Are the headlight units HID or something, perhaps?

Thanks
    This Nissan brochure shows the blacked out headlights on the SR trim level being the 'sport' headlights.

Thanks
    with the B15 Sentra SE-R Nissan gave the SE-R & Spec-V darker housing headlights and tails.

As stated the blue doesnt have a fog light so I assume thats the base

Micra Spec-V

edit: On Nissan's web site the SR model they show has the orange, it could be the flash that blocked out the orange on the red car. I think just the chrome to black if the difference, in which I want the black... poor Mirca S so cool with your now power nothing but doenst get the cool lights.

Thanks
    I prefer the all shiny instead of the orange... But that's just me....

Thanks
    The version with the amber sidemarker and reflector is the North American version. The one without is the version sold everywhere else in the World. Amber(front) and red (rear) lighted sidemarkers and reflectors are mandatory only in North America. The red sidemarker is prohibited on cars sold everywhere else in the World. As you can see on the attached picture of a Euro version of the Corvette, the red back sidemarker has been replaced by an amber reflector with no light. And there is an amber turn signal fitted in the taillights (mandatory everywhere in the World, except North America!)

When a car is sold worldwide, manufacturers must produce three versions of the same car : A World left-hand drive version, a right-hand drive version and a North-American version. The main difference between the World version and the North-American one is about lighting. That explains why many European luxury cars (BMW, Mercedes, etc) are fitted with red turn signals or worst, flashing red brake lights in North America to respect NHTSA rules. Main purpose seems to be market protection instead of road safety in my opinion.

Name:  ukdm-chevy-corvette-taillights-580.jpg
Views: 1011
Size:  55.1 KB

Last edited by Papapoil; 10-14-2016 at 05:55 PM.