Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: My New Micra (Red Alert SV automatic, Hamilton)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    If you had a tripod, or even some place to set your camera on, and then used a long exposure or nighttime setting, I'd bet your nighttime pictures would turn out great.
    Thanks AlphaMicra: Hope to try that soon. I have more than one tripod and a nighttime setting.

Antruby (Rose) My blog is Antruby.com
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Thanks
    Antruby: if you get a chance, could you do me a small favour tomorrow?

I'm curious how wide just the glass/mirror portion of the driver's door mirror is at its widest part (horizontal measurement, no diagonals).

I got the impression yesterday that the Micra's mirrors are a little smaller than I'm used to, but I didn't bring my tape measure.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Antruby: if you get a chance, could you do me a small favour tomorrow?

I'm curious how wide just the glass/mirror portion of the driver's door mirror is at its widest part (horizontal measurement, no diagonals).

I got the impression yesterday that the Micra's mirrors are a little smaller than I'm used to, but I didn't bring my tape measure. :
    The size is 5 3/4 inches.
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Antruby For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-16-2014)

Thanks
    Thanks!

Confirmed what I thought I noticed during the test drives: the Micra's mirrors are a little smaller than I'm used to. EG: my Firefly's mirror glass is 6.5 inches. For comparison, a 2009 Civic's mirror is 6.75 inches, and 2002 Camry is also 6.75 inches.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Probably even smaller than the original Micra's mirrors. That minty K10 is looking real good...

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Probably even smaller than the original Micra's mirrors. That minty K10 is looking real good...
    Bruces Smart Car mirrors are 6 3/4 inches wide but they are not high like the Micra. High meaning up and down.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antruby View Post
    Thanks AlphaMicra: Hope to try that soon. I have more than one tripod and a nighttime setting.
    Tried one I thought it was real dark outside.Name:  100_6812.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  98.8 KBHeadlights are great on this Micra.This is low beam.Name:  100_6831.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  78.8 KBThis is high beam.Name:  100_6832.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  85.0 KB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Antruby For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (05-17-2014)

Thanks
    Very nice, Antruby.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antruby View Post
    Plaza phoned and said I can get my new Micra Monday.
    I have had my new Micra for two weeks tomorrow.
    Got it Monday May 5 th 2014. What a fantastic car. Love the color. Love the car. Today I drove up to 120 kl per hour and the tach was only at 2900. I question the one that said the Micra was loud at 120 kl per hour and was at 3500 RPM. Must not have bin in overdrive.

Thanks
    Or he may have been driving the manual. It revs higher than the automatic in top gear.

Gear ratios: 2015 Nissan Micra transmission, 5-speed & automatic (speed vs RPM)

Good to hear you're still so happy with the car.