Thread: 2015 Nissan Micra SV - Purchased Used

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

2015 Nissan Micra SV - Purchased Used

Well we are one of the few forum peeps that bought used.
    2015 Nissan Micra SV, Automatic. Came with 41K on it. 50K on it now. Previous Enterprise rent-a-car. Research showed that in Calgary, AB Enterprise had a fleet of them that were auctioned off and they ended up at dealers all over Alberta.
    We bought ours at a high end car dealer in Edmonton, AB for just 10K. That shaved about 7K off the price of a new one optioned exactly like the one we bought. Money in the bank.
    Some good things
    - Superb turning radius making it a breeze to park, navigate around a big city
    - Comfortable seats and a nice interior
    - Easy to get in and out of
    - Cheap on fuel averaging a steady 6.6L/100KM of mostly city driving
    - Quieter cabin than the competition. Cars we tested like the Toyota Yaris were REALLY noisy inside (road noise)
    - Traditional automatic transmission, not a CVT or Dual clutch type transmission.
    So So's
    - Brakes are grabby, takes a while to get used to them (is there a fix? Organic vs OE Ceramic pads?)
    - Cup holders are in an odd spot making it inconvenient to use them

For a small car this Nissan Micra is good value for the money, especially purchased used. Lots of room inside and it does not have a CVT or dual clutch automatic like a Ford Fiesta or Ford Focus that have a notorious reputation of failing suddenly.
    The Nissan Micra has been, thus far, reliable and nothing outside of normal maintenance has been done so far.
    We so far have swapped over to synthetic oil and swapped the Bridgestone all seasons for pricey Nokian GR3 all weather tires.
    It is a 2nd car for us and my wife owns it. She LOVES it. Way to go Nissan. Happy wife happy....you know.
    Take care folks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GreatWhite For This Useful Post:

Pete (11-13-2016)

Thanks
    In order to keep you very happy with your micra deal I won't say what I got my SV 2015 with convenience package in January 2016 brand new for I will say that I got a once in a lifetime deal and lucked out and it only cost a bit more than my 2015 micra S that I bought in October 2014.

Thanks
    All good Pete. All one can do is get the best deal one can the day you buy it. Not worried about other deals. Glad you got a good one!!!