Thread: Micra S serpentine belt (source other than dealership?)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Micra S serpentine belt (source other than dealership?)

Anyone have a cross reference for a serpentine belt for a Micrs S without AC. Dealer wants $76 for a new one.

Thanks
    I'd look on rockauto.com (US). If they don't list the Micra, see if there's a non-AC version of the 2012-2019 Versa sedan (same drivetrain).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    rockauto=micra friendly and listed...wouldnt consider buying anywhere else
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    The real question would be

Which serpentine belt brand would be better?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I got 276k on mine and thinking about changing it it still looks good and it is a pain to change

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I got 276k on mine and thinking about changing it it still looks good and it is a pain to change
    You have to remove the inner fender. I believe it would be a huge pain if you had to do it on the ground. A hoist makes life so much easier

Thanks
    I just had my brake fluid changed at 67000 kms & the Nissan Dealer service tech noted my fan belt is cracked & should be replaced.
    Cost estimate was almost 300$.
    I had a look at the belt & could see a single crack on one of the inside surface ribs (there may be more)
    I'm getting tired of having what I believe unneeded service forced on me.
    Does the belt look that bad to you? You have to look pretty hard to even see the crack on the zoomed in picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks
    67k is nothing for that belt. Drive till 150k nothing will happen.

Thanks
    usally thats a diy project....is it super complicated on our cars?--i read above...its complicated!
    you could buy just the belt and keep it in the car, they possibly anyone with knowledge and tools could put it on if it breaks, i always keep the old belts in the car as backups. i must admit it should hast a little longer than that and its not the actual belt fibers that are broken,maybe just monitor it, if it gets noticeably worse replace it, if it starts to squeal for no reason replace it
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    Decided to have the belt changed after all at the dealer, did not want a failure while on the highways this summer.
    Not sure I mentioned this but the belt was slipping/squealing loudly on very rainy days with the Defrost/AC ON when I
    first started the car.
    I would just turn off the AC button which reduced the noise until the car had run a few minutes.
    The other issue I had was my car (automatic) was pinging a bit while going up a long steep hill under light throttle
    just as the trans downshifted. I was getting into the habit of hitting the OD OFF button to keep the revs up higher
    to avoid the pinging.
    Recently I was driving beside a high concrete wall & heard the pinging & also a slight chirp during the downshift, so
    probably the belt was slipping a bit.
    So long story short, the pinging & chirp on the hills is gone. I tried & tried to make it happen it again so good news!
    My guess.....is the belt would slip a bit taking the Alternator/AC compressor etc load off the engine & then grab & the engine didn't like that while it was struggling already to get up the hill.