Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if you knew then what you know now, would you still have bought a Micra?

Thanks
    No regrets, 70000 kms on the clock now. Had some suspensions issues when brand new, 300ks, but dealer sorted that out fairly quick at no charges.

Thanks
    We bought our Nissan Micra SV automatic used this year. It was a former rental car though mint condition. Paid 10K for it with 43K on it. Trouble free and a superb car. Now has 50K on it. avg 6.6L/100KM city. 12,999.00 is a little high, bargain with them and get it for 10,999.00 is my suggestion. Check the history too. Many used Micra SV automatics are former rental cars from Enterprise.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GreatWhite For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-14-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhite View Post
    Many used Micra SV automatics are former rental cars from Enterprise.
    Mine is one of them, it came with a nice dent on the hatch and no summer tire!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tommy_k13 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-14-2016)

Thanks
    1st year anniversary was on November 1st. Have a little over 8k so far. This includes two 1400km trips to Sault Ste Marie and back. So far one oil change with synthetic oil. So far just put gas in it and go. Love my five speed rowing through the gears in the city. Computer showed 6.3 liters per 100km last road trip up north(last week).
    Love this little no frills beastie. Highly recommend a go fast stripe...makes it go faster

No regrets.Name:  IMG_20161015_084017~4.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  97.9 KB
    Last edited by Moose; 11-14-2016 at 12:22 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-14-2016)

Thanks
    Mine's just about 600 km. I love it, a lot of things that annoyed me with my Versa are so much better. It seems to warm up faster, no fogging of the windows, no dash rattle. Hopefully they learned their lesson and this one won't have any coil spring problems..!!

My only complain at the moment is it's nosier than any car I've ever driven, especially when the car is cold and at low speed (city, not freeway). I don't recall it being this bad when test driving it. When on low speed, the engine rumbles quite a bit. I'm sure some people enjoy that it sounds a lil like a race-car but it's bothering me a little. Not sure if it's all micra or just mine. I had the dealership check the muffler in case something was loose but they say it's all good. I'll wait it out some more and then revisit with them if it's still annoying.

Anybody having something similar? Is it just a quirk of micras or maybe something is off with mine?

Thanks
    carorules - what trim & transmission is yours?

I didn't find any of the Micras I've driven to be particularly loud at low speed.

Consider making a garage entry so people can check your vehicle details from any post you make. Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carorules View Post
    seems to warm up faster, no fogging of the windows, no dash rattle.
    My dash, door and headliner rattles all the time too...

Thanks
    2016 micra SV automatic, just added it, thanks for the tip.

I can't tell if I am being too noise sensitive, but it really does feel loud when under 60 km, especially when I just started it. It isn't that cold here yet, but not warm either. It reminded me of a muffler sound which is why I had it checked and all good. So just nosy engine?! I really don't know and I'm pretty sure if I go to the dealership they'll me it's all in my head.