Thread: Rear Hatch Adjustment

Thanks

Rear Hatch Adjustment

Wondering if anyone has had problems with the rear hatch not closing properly? In cold weather mine won't completely close and the hatch area light and door ajar light on the dash will stay on. I would like to adjust the stops and/or the latch but wondering if someone has done this before and has any tips. I haven't found any Micra specific videos on YouTube. Thanks.

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks
    Do you have a rear tonneau cover that rises with the hatch? Sometimes if that doesn't sit on it's pegs on either side of your trunk properly, it could get in the way of the hatch closing fully. Happened to us a few times.
    Nice!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Micra In The Mountains For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-25-2017)

Thanks
    I adjusted the rubber stops and the latch myself and so far it seems fine. I noticed the hatch problem on my first test drive and again on my pdi. Both times the dealer adjustments did not resolve the problem. I am not too impressed with Sherwood Nissan in that my 10 minutes of fiddling with it gave a way better result than their two attempts. Also what does this problem say about Nissan's quality control?
    I don't have the cargo shelf but thanks for your tip.