Thread: 2016 micra sv (should I do anti-rust spray?)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2016 micra sv (should I do anti-rust spray?)

This the first nissan I have owned.I was wondering if I should have car sprayed for rust control

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Sv automatic: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.7 km/L ... 34.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Absolutely. I don't know where you are located but no drip oil spray once a year for first two then every other year should keep the car well in control of any unwanted rust. Where I live there are a few shops offering no drip oil spray the most popular being Oilgard.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eddy For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-26-2016)

Thanks
    I agree.

If you plan to keep the car more than 5-8 years, I'd do it.

Also note: we've seen a few rust issues on the Micra, eg. there are little "humps" in the bottom of the rocker panels in front of the rear wheels that are subject to getting blasted by road grit from the front tires and may rust out as a result.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi there, I would definitely. Since we plan on keeping ours for at least 10+ years, we had the full rust protection package, undercoat and fabric guard done at the dealership before we drove it off the lot. Some areas of our country use more road salt than others. You might also want to consider getting mud guards or splash guards for your car; check out some of the splash guard posts (including mine) on this forum to see why.
    Nice!

Thanks
    i sprayed a can of "rust check" from canadian tire around and plan to spray more, also wash under the wheel arches and in "crevices" the car does seem to have a few "shelfs" that could hold dirt. I would do something, whether you need to spend 300$ is debabtable. (but i live in Vancouver where rust is not a HUGE problem...)
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!

Thanks
    I never got my rigs done this year...but I am next year. Being in between jobs, bills are more important than rust check....BUT it is totally worth it.