Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The wheel fitment thread

Thanks
    Hi MJ, I looked up those Motegi rims they are the MR119. They nice too. Are those the ones you will be getting?
    The offset is listed as 40mm so they will sit out from the car just 2mm more than your ''Fast'' rims and the ''Car Show'' Micra ''O.Z'' rims in the above posts. (both are 42mm offset)
    If you are worried about too much gap around the tire/wheel well... I would suggest 205-45-17 tires.

I'm still trying to find some good rims at minimum 50mm offset, and so far the only ones I like are Advan RT $775 per. LOL!

Good Luck man!

Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks! Yeah, I'm pretty please with them. I feel that the dealership more than made it right. They'll be in next week and they're more than happy to put them on for me. Can't wait. The 17s look so good! I picked up the car today, took it out all evening with the fiancée and we're totally in love with it! After the wheels we'll do the tint, spoiler (thinking a carbon wrap will look great with the new black satin MR119s and orange accents. Looking at getting the mirrors, handles, hatch trim and stripes wrapped, instead of the Nissan hardware ones. Cheaper, I like the colour better. They;ll stay put but in a worst-case scenario I can remove them more easily.

Might wait for a garage entry until I at least get the wheels

Posted a base pic here.
    Last edited by MicraJordan; 08-21-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks
    I settled for 17X7 rims (Work Emotion 11R) with 205/45 tires.

18x7 with 205/40 would have looked better, but given the offset I like... the choices are limited to wheels ~$800 us each and up LOL!

I spec'd a 53mm offset which will keep everything tucked in nicely. Clearance does not look like it will be an issue, except possibly the upper bolt on sway bar link (front). It can easily be shortened if needed.

Will post pics when this all comes together.

Oh, for tires I will go with somewhat cheap Dunlop Direzza.

EDIT: Back to square one... this rim and all other suitable choices are minimum 8 weeks out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by aftica; 08-26-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hey guys, still trying to figure out the best wheel/tire combo. Some pics of pretty nice wheels:

#1,2 Enkei GTC 01...but what size,offset and tire is shown?

# 3,4,5,6...unknown wheel /tire combo, anyone recognize? (possibly 18X7.5 or 8 with a 215/35, or a 205 on an 8"?)

#7 Nismo March... those are 16x7, 46mm offset, 205-45-16 tire (according to the spec sheet) If that is right, those are nearly a full 1/2'' shorter than stock tires, LOL! that thing is gonna rev high! looks like they have added a trim piece around wheel well to shorten the gap.

If any of you Google savants could help tracking down info on these wheels I would appreciate it.

Also, MicraJordan...did you get your wheels? Can we see some pics from side and rear?

Thanks Guys
    Ten Grand Tin Can

Thanks
    The 1st Micra with the Enkei (offset is either 38mm or 50mm)
    Wheel manufacturer / brand
    ENKEI /
    Enkei
    Product Name
    GTC01
    Size
    F: 7.0J-17 / R: 7.0J-17
    Color
    Hyper Silver
    Didnt find any info on tire tho.

You can also run adapter, wheel choice will be limitless

Thanks
    There are a some on this page too, they give rim name and size but not offset or tire size. A lot of these cars have that extra lip bolted around the wheel arch, like the NISMO...
    EDIT: they calling it ''Special Fender Molding'' can't find part# though.
    Last edited by aftica; 08-31-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

Thanks
    I found that!!

Wheels/Suspension
    Emotion Strada 7x17 +30
    Kumho Ecsta SP 195/40/17
    H&R Lowering Springs 35mm/20mm

Thanks
    Well, it seems any wheel that suits my taste (re:style/size/fitment) is not trendy enough to stocked anywhere and is custom order only. Some places are telling me 8 weeks, some double that. I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Since the car was so cheap, there is room to spend on wheels, but custom wheels arriving in the dead of winter is not a priority, so in the interim I am trying something a little different

Got a set of 16'' steelies, they are being prepped for fitment atm. I am going to run 175/60/16 tires...should produce an ''OEM'' look and at the same time fill up the wheel well a bit more. Tire choice is limited in this size to Dunlop winter and Goodyear all season. have not decided yet...the skinny winter tire would be very nice practically speaking, but being a guy I am a slave to visual input and I like the tread pattern better on the all seasons...

Will post pics when it comes together.

As an aside, check out these awesome tires, I really dig 'em! Skinny 19'' and 20''! Those crazy Germans Rock!
    Ten Grand Tin Can

Thanks
    Are those (pics) on the BMW i3 electric? Those are strange indeed.

And are you going to put a wheel cover on your rims or rock the old-school economy car look with an itty bitty center cap?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Are those (pics) on the BMW i3 electric? Those are strange indeed.

And are you going to put a wheel cover on your rims or rock the old-school economy car look with an itty bitty center cap?
    Yep, they're from the i3. Tires are Bridgestone ''Ecopia'' 155 and 175 on 19 and 20'' rims LOL! I love it.

I can go either way on my 16'' steelies as I bought centre caps and also ordered cheapie wheel covers.

EDIT: I will post pics of them done both ways.

Ten Grand Tin Can