Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The wheel fitment thread

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I was at my dealership today (delivery date next week and so pumped)! He's offering me a deal on a new tire/wheel package and it looks good to me. I haggled him down to $1500 incl. installation. Her are the details:
    Wheels: FAST Wheels 'Underground' 17" alloys (MSRP $233 CAN)

Tires: Hercules 'Ironman' IMove 205/40/ZR17 low-profile Performance series

Sounds and looks like a pretty good deal to me but I'd love your input!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MicraJordan View Post
    I was at my dealership today (delivery date next week and so pumped)! He's offering me a deal on a new tire/wheel package and it looks good to me. I haggled him down to $1500 incl. installation. Her are the details:
    Wheels: FAST Wheels 'Underground' 17" alloys (MSRP $233 CAN)

Tires: Hercules 'Ironman' IMove 205/40/ZR17 low-profile Performance series

Sounds and looks like a pretty good deal to me but I'd love your input!
    Think hard about buying this package... the wheels look great, but IMO the sizing is wrong , unless your car is going to be lowered.

Stock 185-60-15'' tires are about 23.70'' tall.
    Stock ''SR'' 185-55-16'' tires are about 23.98'' tall

Your proposed 205-40-17'' tires are only about 23.43'' tall.

So this will leave an even larger gap between tire and wheel well and will not look good IMO. You would need an 18'' rim for 205-40 series or if you stay with the 17'' rim, choose a higher aspect ratio tire.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks for the input! I really did like the look of them on the showroom floor but I admit, I noticed the wheel gap more with those tires. I'll take that into account before I make the leap. I'll post pics of he wheels on the model when I get to my computer (have them on my phone but the mobile upload for the forum isn't working quite right.

Thanks
    I'm surprised nobody has brought this up but in the spirit of the most economical car in Canada would it be such a bad idea to just buy wheels for the stock tires (that will be good for 4 years) and leave the winters on the stock rims.(in writing this i realized that i'm probably the only one here that's forced to put winter tires on every year although i used to anyway before the law)
    Anyway. you could probably get a set of 4 decent ones for $500 and wouldn't have to mount and balance every season. i think that would actually be cheaper than not buying wheels!!

Thanks
    Makes sense to me.

Also, with the mandatory winter tire rule in Quebec, there are probably also tons of used wheels & winter tires available on Craigslist or kijiji with lots of tread left (people selling cars but forgetting the extra set of wheels/tires in storage). There are a lot around here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hi guys, I am trying to figure out some wheels/tires too. Does anyone have a direct (or near direct) frontal and/or rear shot of the Car Show Micra? Closest I can find on the Googler doesn't quite do it for me. Maybe someone has a personal pic? I like the rims/tires, but not sure if there is enough positive off set for my tastes. (I like the tires tucked in AMAP)

The Car Show combo would be real easy to order, but I'm just not sure I'm sold on it...I may end up trying a totally different approach.

thanks
    John.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    So I finally landed on these (the same ones I referenced/linked above):

Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 4011
Size:  90.8 KBName:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 4026
Size:  92.9 KB

$1500 all-told, was able to build them into my payments which is a big plus, installation included etc.

As a side bonus, I now have a great set of all-seasons for the winter! Figured it was worth it for a second set of tires alone and I think they look pretty good!

Def appreciate what Afica said about the wheel gap but with these, I don't think it looks so bad. I'll see on Thurs when I pick it up. I won't have the cash to lower it anyway hah. One thing at a time

Thanks
    I like those better than the car show wheels.

Lower it next year if you want to.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hey MJ, I'm hoping you can post a few pics of your car from the side and front/back when you get it? I'm not opposed to lowering my car even more, so i'm interested in how the 17'' look for size and colour (my car is black also)
    Thanks
    John.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    Hey MJ, I'm hoping you can post a few pics of your car from the side and front/back when you get it? I'm not opposed to lowering my car even more, so i'm interested in how the 17'' look for size and colour (my car is black also)
    Thanks
    John.
    I definitely will; however, the dealer called me this morning and said FAST Wheels doesn't make them anymore. He offered me these instead at the same rate:
    Name:  image007.jpg
Views: 4007
Size:  17.3 KB

I've been trying to see the label/manufacturer. Anyone recognize them? He said they were better/more expensive rims and being in the middle of a crazy busy work day, I took his word on it.

Quick Google image search turns up Tenzo Racing wheels, but I'm not sure if it's the right hit. Any insight always appreciated. They said they might not get them in and put on for delivery tomorrow and I can't wait any longer for the car (I've put $60 in my gas-guzzling Murano THIS WEEK!!). They said I can bring the car back in for installation when they come in, if not tomorrow... which can't come fast enough.

*EDIT Kudos to my fiancée for picking them out as Motegi Racing rims gaha. I knew I put a ring on it for a reason

Last edited by MicraJordan; 08-20-2014 at 10:29 PM.