Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check engine light - P0075 (camshaft timing oil control solenoid valve)

Thanks

Lightbulb Check engine light - P0075 (camshaft timing oil control solenoid valve)

Just as I passed the 86,000km mark, I saw something I never thought I'd see: A check engine light. This was common in my old Pontiac, which is why I own a code reader, but I never expected it this early. I contacted Nissan, and it turns out that I'm out of warranty for check engine lights; it's pretty pathetic at 3 years, 60,000km.

Lucky for me, it's an easy thing to fix, and a blast of WD-40 seems to have done the trick. If not, they're only around $40 refurbished from overseas.

Photos and text in my blog here: http://mymicra.com/?p=550

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

Ajijic (08-14-2016),MetroMPG (08-17-2016),micrapolis (08-18-2016),Wynter (08-15-2016)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Good thing I'm getting rid of mine before the warranty exprires...TOYOTA (oh what a a feeling)

Thanks
    Well, the light came back on today. I called the dealership to inquire about the cost of a replacement. They quoted me $266.73, and they would need to order it in. This is what the part looks like:

I found the exact same part, but this one is refurbished, from one of my favourite sites, AliExpress, for only US$26.20 (US$35.16 with shipping):

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/23796...08.4.47.06S9W6

It'll take a while to get here, but it's not a serious issue.

Looks like Nissan is just like General Motors: things failing just out of warranty, with outrageous prices. I'm actually starting to wish that I had purchased a Dodge/Chrysler instead, at least the dealership never tried to fleece me with overpriced parts.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

pilip948 (08-28-2016)

Thanks
    Glad that it wasn't something bigger...
    Have you ever ordered parts for your Micra through Rockauto?
    I've used them for other vehicles but hopefully not for a while with the Micra (Fingers Crossed)

I had a check engine light come on just last week, after only 1000kms....
    Needless to say it worried me.. however it was just a miss reading by the computer according to the stealer....
    I forget what the code was exactly however it was something to do with the Cam and Crank sensor not talking...
    N/A Subaru Addict...
    First Nissan Commuter

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobaganousch For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (08-16-2016)

Thanks
    You mean this isn't covered under power and terrain (5/100)?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoedhard View Post
    You mean this isn't covered under power and terrain (5/100)?
    I was just thinking the same.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    Engine valve timing actuator sure seems like part of the powertrain to me!

I'm surprised the car isn't running/driving any differently. If the valve timing were made static (if the part has actually stopped working), it'd have a different power band.

Have you ever ordered parts for your Micra through Rockauto?
    Good suggestion, if the warranty is actually expired. Worth a look considering it's the same engine in the U.S. Versa. Update: their site shows it for CAD$125.91

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Engine valve timing actuator sure seems like part of the powertrain to me!
    You know what, I'm not even going to argue with them anymore. I already got the run-around with the speedometer being so far off from reality, I have already decided that life's too short to deal with their BS. I'm considering de-badging.

I'm surprised the car isn't running/driving any differently. If the valve timing were made static (if the part has actually stopped working), it'd have a different power band.
    It seems to be intermittent for now. I can clear the code, but it eventually comes back.

Good suggestion, if the warranty is actually expired. Worth a look considering it's the same engine in the U.S. Versa. Update: their site shows it for CAD$125.91
    Nope, can't beat $35.26 USD shipped from my favourite site: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/23796...08.4.47.06S9W6

Thanks
    i love your blog AM, i've bookmarked it for future reading.

its discouraging to see CEL so early.
    Vancouver SNOWpocalypse !!!!1!11!one (....not really)

https://youtu.be/IZcz-MqjuzQ

Thanks
    its around 50$ on ebay

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...