Thread: About washing this car...

Thanks

About washing this car...

so i, um, have a confession to make: since i only use my car about once every two weeks, I have neglected to wash my car.

- the car is 2 years old now

- there is a thick layer of dust and grime, yes, but at least no bugs or bird poop anywhere.

- it is garaged in underground parking lot

- i WOULD have washed it myself if i had a private garage space. in reality, i have zero space to do any washing in/around my apartment, let alone oil changes/etc. it sucks.

- i have an (ir)rational dislike of car washing machines, so i've avoided them. they never seem to wash any car properly.

my questions:

- does this car come with paint protection from the factory? i assume not, as it's an economy car....

- do you think this is gonna cause issues ? i honestly dont mind the dirtiness

- i WOULD like to wash my windshield, though. what type of rag/soap do you use?

tl;dr: living in an apartment is awesome....except for when it isn't.

Thanks
    not sure about the bodywork being neglected... as far as the windshield I use Sprayway (http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/sp...-0532947p.html) it's safe on tint, just use a few clean microfiber cloths for you windscreen. It's also great in the home, you'll never use windex again.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    once a year, wax the car(or pay somebody to do it) I done it on my 11 year toyota echo and the paint still nice

Thanks
    I've gone through about 25 ultimate washes from Canadian Tire since February. Nothing touches the car but soap and jets of water. I don't trust any of the others. It may blow your rubber trim off your roof though, I had to glue mine in with silicone.

It doesn't hurt to use a coin op car wash and just spray your car. Then use water-less car wash and micro fiber cloths to really clean/wax the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I had the paint protection thrown in for 'free'. They said don't wax the car for 5 years. I did wax the dome over the headlights, as I heard it keeps the sun from yellowing it.

As for washing, spray coin ops are my choice for colder weather as IMPUL posted above. I use a spray chemical bottle (seen in car washing thread) and micro fiber it dry.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wynter For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (08-03-2016)