Thread: First oil change. Dixie/401 Nissan

Thanks

First oil change. Dixie/401 Nissan

Went in for my 8000km oil change today, here's how it went. Called at 10am to make an appointment. They said they can take me in, and were ready whenever I was ready. That was kinda cool no trying to juggle a schedule. Got to the dealership 10:45 and found an open space in the service section. Immediately I see salesman doing double takes at the bomb and smiling. The roof basket kinda makes me stand out.

Got inside and they were ready and waiting for me. Gave them my info, and requested the synthetic oil and indicated I was willing to pay the extra since my oil changes for 3 years are supposed to be free. They asked me how I'm liking my Micra and I told them about the club and all you awesome people. They were pleasantly surprised to hear of our exploits and seemed to get a kick out of my car. However, the service clerk could not find any record of me being registered for that program, and initially said the cost would be about $96 with the synthetic oil. I didn't ask for it when buying the car but they offered it up to sweeten the deal when I feigned reluctance to sign the papers and made them wait so more, so why not, thank you sir I'll take it. The service clerk asked if I had my sales contract,which I did and showed him. There was no record in my contract either. Troubling. He agreed as well, and assured me that I would not have to pay and said he would take care of it to get the appropriate information submitted to get me enrolled in the program. He arranged for a shuttle van to take me to work.

The man driving the shuttle was very nice and we had a short talk on the drive, I showed him all the projects we were working on in our yard, and made arrangements for him to pick me up at 2PM when I was done work. 2PM and he's outside waiting for me.

When I arrive they inform me that everything is taken care of and I just need to pay the difference for the synthetic oil. $46 total. They said inspection was good and rotated my tires. I was wondering if they were going to mention any of the mods I had made but all they asked was about the tint, the guy liked it and wanted to get the same tint level. All in all a pleasant experience.

Last edited by Vapor; 06-25-2016 at 06:57 AM.

Thanks
    nice!

Thanks
    nice that dealership is 5 mins from my house!

Thanks
    It's 'worth the drive to Dixie'!
    I was going to ask about synthetic oil, but forgot when showing off photo's of our Forks drive. At least I know now how much more it costs now. It was a treat for them to see and talk about your car, as I'm sure they see plain old 'off the line' cars daily!