Thread: fuel economy questions

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

fuel economy questions

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Just reading your fuel log and efficiency,
    seems like your in montreal, so do you ever break 100km/hr? You are getting fantastic mpg.
    Do you keep the gas tank full and drive around with a full tank? or do you let it stay at 1/4th full so there is less weight?

Thanks
    Hi pdmasta -

The Micra S 5-speed in my fuel log link was a loaner from Nissan. I drove that car 1234 km and filled it twice. Most of my driving was in between Montreal and Picton.

Keep in mind that fuel economy is my game. I drive to get good numbers.

do you ever break 100km/hr?
    I probably didn't go past 105 km/h, and only about 1/3 of my driving was on the freeway. The rest was a mix of secondary highways (80 km/h) and sub/urban driving. I prefer taking the scenic route.

Basic ecodriving techniques were used, like shifting into top gear as soon as practical (the Micra will happily cruise in 5th at 50 km/h on level ground); minimizing unnecessary braking by reading traffic conditions well ahead and easing off the gas early; I typically shut off the engine at stops of more than ~10 seconds.

More info in my notes about the Micra S: Fuel economy wrap-up

do you let it stay at 1/4th full so there is less weight?
    No, but I did cover part of that total distance with some ugly but effective aerodynamic modifications in place.

FYI, here's some discussion of ecodriving both the automatic and 5-speed Micra in Montreal: 2015 Micra fuel economy/mileage test: ecodriving a 5-speed and automatic in Montreal

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    PS. you should make a garage page for your Micra: add vehicle

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...