Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Micra road trip: BC to NFLD (ultralight tent trailer)

Thanks
    Hey Duffy49, what did you end up paying for your trailer? I want to do some road tripping around BC soon, and it look like a great option.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyyCarter View Post
    Hey Duffy49, what did you end up paying for your trailer? I want to do some road tripping around BC soon, and it look like a great option.
    HI Frosty...the trailer prices are on the Lees Ure Lite website (www.leesurelite.com/). The prices are up a bit from 2 years ago but good used are hard to find as they are much in demand. Good BC company to deal with. We sourced our hitch out of quebec from a Micra thread. They are a great little camper. cheers

Thanks
    This is awesome!!! How did the Micra drive with the added weight?
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geodude View Post
    This is awesome!!! How did the Micra drive with the added weight?
    the Micra really did not handle much differently...the trailer is only about 250 lbs and we did not notice much difference in mileage or pep. we have the basic car with the manual transmission.

Thanks
    How was the trip? Any pics, and how many moose did you see along the way

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Awesome trailer. I'm jealous of your trip.

Thanks
    Do folks know if there would be any warranty issues if one was to put a tow hitch on a new Micra?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FundyFan View Post
    Do folks know if there would be any warranty issues if one was to put a tow hitch on a new Micra?
    When it comes to warranties. The only way that you could void part of the warranty is if the install was done wrong, or the product installed failed. The product or the install would have to cause the OEM equipment to fail. If the OEM equipment were to fail then the dealership(Nissan) would have to prove that it was the part(hitch) or the install that was the cause to void warranty.

I'll give an example. I installed a LED bulb into my dome light in my 2017 Micra. Now, if that light were to short out wires, catch fire and damage or cause OEM equipment failure etc. Nissan would have to prove that it was that bulb, the install that was the problem to why there was damage to the OEM wiring, other OEM parts and their failure(just one thing). At that point then can void certain part of the warranty. A dealership can't void a tire warranty because of an LED bulb for example.

I find a lot of fear mongering to when it comes to warranties and dealerships. Even though it's been said that "if you don't take your vehicle to get work done at the dealership, it could void the warranty." I use to believe this(10 years ago I had no idea how to change a tire) until I had a talk with my mechanic who I have known for over a decade and works on my cars, new and old. He said, "you can work on your own car, someone else can work on your car like a mechanic. There is nothing in the warranties saying everything has to be done at the dealership. As long that you keep your receipts and can show work was done on time or kilometres(regular maintenance), things are within spec of the manual. It doesn't matter who works on your car." Have you ever been charged something to be done on your vehicle when you could have done it yourself? I have, it was a Toyota Tacoma and I was charged $60.00CDN to do it($30 for the part and $30 for the labour). I looked on Youtube and it look all of 90 seconds, a cabin filter I got from a local parts store. Since then I do my own oil changes, air filter changes, tire changes(summer and winter on rims. I even plugged my own flat tire. Why should you be charged money for someone to put nitrogen in your tires when you can use a compressor and air. I will be honest, when it's -40C in the dead of winter, you won't catch me under my car unless it's an emergency.

I apologize about the last paragraph. I'm just passionate about cars and don't like it when people pay for things they don't have to, or at least do it for cheaper(when and if possible).

I love the little trailer that I can tow with my Micra. Friends who have big trucks and 30+ feet trailers make me laugh. Wait until I show up in my Micra, with a trailer, still getting awesome gas mileage and have almost everything that the big guys and gals have. Can we say, "camping trip in Micra's 2018?"
    Last edited by ABMicra17; 07-12-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    This is ridiculously cool. The perfect low-cost, high-mileage getaway combo. Love it!

Thanks

cool digs

very cool set up, I have one very similar

Attached Images Attached Images   

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SVRally For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-06-2018)