Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Micra road trip: BC to NFLD (ultralight tent trailer)

  1. #11
    Senior Member micrapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    357
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts
    im sure you're well into your trip...make sure to update us with lotsa pics of the car, after your trip!



  2. #12
    Senior Member Howie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Trenton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    752
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 224 Times in 146 Posts
    What im most interested in is that trailer! That thing is the bees knees man. Its probably the most a k13 in canada has towed. I'd like to know more about it, like how comfy it is and what it cost.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...


  3. #13
    Senior Member LilGeckos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Miramichi, NB
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    285
    Thanked 55 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    What im most interested in is that trailer! That thing is the bees knees man. Its probably the most a k13 in canada has towed. I'd like to know more about it, like how comfy it is and what it cost.
    Yeah. That little trailer/camper is quite unique.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duffy49 View Post
    this our 2 year old Micra S...110,000 km's. we are heading for a camping trip from coast to coast: BC to NFLD. we have a Lees-Ure-Lite tent trailer and supplies. Trailer is only 250#. Sourced the hitch out of Quebec...perfect fit. Wish us well.
    Hey duffy49,

    We couldn't help but notice your awesome Micra road trip plans, and we at Nissan Canada are thrilled to hear that you're making the most of your 2 year old Micra! We'd love to hear more about it - are you planning on making any stops in Ontario, or at any Nissan dealerships across the country? (If you follow us on Facebook or Twitter, feel free to tag us in your posts!)

    Have a fun and safe trip!

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nissan_CA For This Useful Post:

    micrapolis (07-07-2016),Pete (07-06-2016)

  6. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    What im most interested in is that trailer! That thing is the bees knees man. Its probably the most a k13 in canada has towed. I'd like to know more about it, like how comfy it is and what it cost.
    Love the trailer! Just moved 4 18' full 2" x12" planks/beams on my boat trailer behind the Micra, no problem. Easier than taking the truck.

  7. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With the Quebec hitch, do you still have access to the spare tire? Is the Quebec manufacturer SRG Attache Remorque?

  8. #17
    Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 60 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duffy49 View Post
    this our 2 year old Micra S...110,000 km's. we are heading for a camping trip from coast to coast: BC to NFLD. we have a Lees-Ure-Lite tent trailer and supplies. Trailer is only 250#. Sourced the hitch out of Quebec...perfect fit. Wish us well.
    Hi there, thanks for sharing your road trip! What kind of trailer hitch are you using (class 1?) and where did you get it & have it installed? Wondering if there's any retailer / installer for that out here in western Canada...
    Nice!

  9. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    What im most interested in is that trailer! That thing is the bees knees man. Its probably the most a k13 in canada has towed. I'd like to know more about it, like how comfy it is and what it cost.
    this little camper is awsome! car did not know it was there....double bed and stand up vestabule that sets up in less than 2 minutes and only 245lbs...24 lb on the hitch. would buy another in a heartbeat - and made here in BC.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duffy49 For This Useful Post:

    MetroMPG (11-24-2016),Pete (11-24-2016)

  11. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micra In The Mountains View Post
    Hi there, thanks for sharing your road trip! What kind of trailer hitch are you using (class 1?) and where did you get it & have it installed? Wondering if there's any retailer / installer for that out here in western Canada...
    Order the hitch from SDG or SRG in Quebec. It installs in 45 minutes, cost was $200 taxes and delivery included. Buy the Curt brand in line wiring kit and you're done in just over an hour and well under $300 bucks. Yes you can still access the spare tire.

  12. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woofer2609 View Post
    Order the hitch from SDG or SRG in Quebec. It installs in 45 minutes, cost was $200 taxes and delivery included. Buy the Curt brand in line wiring kit and you're done in just over an hour and well under $300 bucks. Yes you can still access the spare tire.
    yes...we ordered ours from quebec and had Kal Tire do the install and wiring...quebec company link is in the forum (http://www.srgattacheremorque.com/?) and they were great to deal with. it is a class 1 hitch and was plenty for the Lees-ure Lite (www.leesurelite.com/). Low cost camping with a Micra...40+mpg opens tons of low budget opportunities!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •