Thread: highway travel bug screen (repurposed larger screen)

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool

Ok everyone, we're on our way to Winnipeg with a side trip to Wasagaming in Riding Mountain National Park in western Manitoba, here's some pics of our Little Guy's journey:

Name:  20160605_083945_resize.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  42.2 KB
    Ah yes, the all-important bug screen...

Name:  20160605_084048_resize.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  61.5 KB
    Elephant clips are good for something; we clipped the top of the net to just under the hood, along the plastic trim edge (not to anything metal)

Name:  DSCN0241_resize.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  61.0 KB
    We secured the net underneath with 2 elephant clips and a shoelace, clipped to the bottom edge of the plastic bumper. More "on the road" pics coming shortly!

Nice!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micra In The Mountains For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-09-2016),Wark (06-10-2016)

Thanks
    Micra in the Mountains - I take it that screen is from a different vehicle and you're repurposing it? That'll save a lot of bug gunk in the radiator, A/C condenser.

I'll copy those pics into a dedicated thread so others may see the idea (who might not expect to find it in this one).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Micra in the Mountains - I take it that screen is from a different vehicle and you're repurposing it? That'll save a lot of bug gunk in the radiator, A/C condenser.

I'll copy those pics into a dedicated thread so others may see the idea (who might not expect to find it in this one).
    Hi Metro, this is a bug screen we bought for a much larger car or truck; we've decided to fold it in half (in a V-shape) and put it outside the vehicle rather than just inside the grille ahead of the radiator, makes it much easier to get at, clean and remove after our trip. Also thanks for copying this to a dedicated thread for the other posters to view!

Nice!