Thread: Plasti Dip over sticker

Thanks

Plasti Dip over sticker

Hello guys. I've put a sticker on my hatch and I'm concerned that it might fade over time because its just a regular sticker and not a car decal. I'm thinking of protecting it with a matte finish clear plasti-dip. Would that work?

Thanks
    I would think the sticker would still fade unless the plasti-dip has uv blocking qualities.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ptbo micra View Post
    I would think the sticker would still fade unless the plasti-dip has uv blocking qualities.
    Yes but without some sort of protection it may not last long enough to fade. I have used clear coat to seal team stickers I made on my own printer, as well as on Iron transfers to my pop up canopies. After about 6 months weather and wash will make it look like crap. While not a perfect solution it does help extend the life of the ink by giving an extra layer of protection from the elements.

Thanks
    ^ Delays the inevitable. Sounds reasonable.

lexcavaj - post a pic of the results?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    you can buy uv blocking clear vinyl, usually on ebay or a sign shop. by a yard. and cut the shape out and stick it over...best of both worlds
    --

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Graham18ce For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-09-2016),ptbo micra (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    I did the plasti dip yesterday. Did 3 coats and it was a failure. I'm not sure if I just didn't wait long enough for it to dry or I sprayed incorrectly but as I was peeling off the painter's tape, the plasti dip came off with it. Lol. it was a mess. I oversprayed around the car too so my poor hatch door, break light, and back window are full of dots too. Sigh. Sorry I wasn't able to take a pic. I like the uv protecting vinyl. I'll go around town today to look for it. My plan B was to get one of those invisibleshield like materials to go on top of the sticker but a clear uv blocking vinyl sounds more appropriate. Thanks for the tips guys. I'll make sure to post progress pics when I'm done with this mini project.