Thread: Pedal box throttle response gadget.

Thanks

Pedal box throttle response gadget.

I've just bought and fitted one of these adjustable throttle response gadgets from Pedal Box in Germany. Wow wow wow! This thing is epic! It plugs into the wiring loom that goes to the throttle pedal and changes the throttle response mapping, you can choose between various modes from city mode to sport+ and within each mode you can adjust the strength of it. I'm am on full strength sport + mode at the moment and it's like a different car! So much more crisp and responsive, especially after gear changes. This is what it looks like.Name:  DSC_0159.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  83.0 KB
    This is where it plugs inName:  DSC_0164.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  98.0 KB
    And the control boxName:  DSC_0161.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  94.0 KBName:  DSC_0160.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  97.4 KB
    Really is a great bit of kit I'm super impressed by it. BTW the website don't list one for your 1.6 engines because we don't get them in Europe, but it does say if your car is not listed they can do one for anything and I would imagine the plugs etc will be the same as mine so it's probably the same box. Just Google Pedal Box and it's a German site.

Last edited by Johnuk; 05-31-2016 at 01:12 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnuk For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (05-31-2016),Wark (05-31-2016),Wynter (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Wow, on Pedal Box website, it listed at about $300 US not included shipping. Is it worth it to spend the extra coin?

Quote Originally Posted by Wark View Post
    Wow, on Pedal Box website, it listed at about $300 US not included shipping. Is it worth it to spend the extra coin?
    There are less expensive ones that do the same. Google electronic throttle controller for march / micra ..
    Lots of universial ones.

It doesn't quite change the mapping, it adjusts the rate of response and throttle position.

Highest setting will slam the throttle wide open with just a touch. Some come with Eco mode too.
    Where you can decrease sensitivity and put the pedal to the floor and never get WOT. Good for speedin tickets.

All the "Dspec" ones I've seen are identical to the ones I see on aliexpress.
    I'm sure ebay has them.

Glad it works! I was wanting one of these.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-Thr...415?nav=SEARCH
    Last edited by IMPUL; 05-31-2016 at 10:06 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnuk View Post
    I've just bought and fitted one of these adjustable throttle response gadgets from Pedal Box in Germany. Wow wow wow! This thing is epic! It plugs into the wiring loom that goes to the throttle pedal and changes the throttle response mapping, you can choose between various modes from city mode to sport+ and within each mode you can adjust the strength of it. I'm am on full strength sport + mode at the moment and it's like a different car! So much more crisp and responsive, especially after gear changes. This is what it looks like.Name:  DSC_0159.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  83.0 KB
    This is where it plugs inName:  DSC_0164.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  98.0 KB
    And the control boxName:  DSC_0161.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  94.0 KBName:  DSC_0160.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  97.4 KB
    Really is a great bit of kit I'm super impressed by it. BTW the website don't list one for your 1.6 engines because we don't get them in Europe, but it does say if your car is not listed they can do one for anything and I would imagine the plugs etc will be the same as mine so it's probably the same box. Just Google Pedal Box and it's a German site.
    Is this what the connector looks like?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yeah I think it does impul. Reason I went with this one is because it's actually made in Germany rather than China so I know its good quality plus it's got a 2 year warranty and a satisfaction guarantee. It does change the linear curve of the throttle it's more than just making WOT higher up. You can also have you're own custom modes saved into it and I like how you can increase and decrease the effect of each mode. But yeah I can safely say they do work and everyone needs one Haha!
    And price wise I can honestly say for £170 I think the difference is good value. I've spent more and felt less on many things in the past!
    Last edited by Johnuk; 06-01-2016 at 02:35 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Johnuk (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Cool! Get one get one they are ace! Can't fault it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnuk For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (06-01-2016)