Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Want to buy a Micra, is it loud @ 120km/h?

Thanks
    The Micra's definitely loud on the highway. It's hard to make small cars not loud, because there's not a lot of weight available for insulation and you're generally close to the road.

I drive 50km every day to work, all highway driving. But you get used to it, and I listen to podcasts/music anyway. So you don't notice.

The appeal of the Micra over a Spark - to me, anyway, everyone has their reasons - isn't aesthetic or comfort driven, if you'll allow the pun. It's price and reliability.

Where I come from (the Caribbean), Nissan, along with Toyota and Honda, has a reputation bulletproof reliability. I bought a Micra S because the price was absolutely unbelievable for a car with so few features there's even less chance something will break or go wrong. Plus the gas mileage I'm getting is probably only bested by a hybrid or electric.

If I were into comfort, quiet and features, my opinion is that the choice is less clear cut; I think at the Micra SV's pricepoint, there are some other good options.

Enjoy your Spark!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to alexparky For This Useful Post:

Pete (06-24-2016)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    The noise at 120 was a positive for me. Quiet when I'm cruising, but when I put the pedal down I want to hear it. I could even stand it a little bit louder. I mean has anyone ever said I like that Ferrari but that engine noise is a deal breaker. If that's the case maybe you are better off in something a little less sporty.
    You are quite right. No one has bought a Ferrari and complained of that. But this is a micra. I test drove it and the spark and decided on the spark

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pdmasta For This Useful Post:

Pete (06-24-2016)

Thanks
    my major concern about the spark is long term reliability. Will it fall apart after 75k km and 5 years? Will there be major repair bills?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micra-naut View Post
    my major concern about the spark is long term reliability. Will it fall apart after 75k km and 5 years? Will there be major repair bills?
    an unknown but reasonable worry

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alexparky View Post
    The Micra's definitely loud on the highway. It's hard to make small cars not loud, because there's not a lot of weight available for insulation and you're generally close to the road.

I drive 50km every day to work, all highway driving. But you get used to it, and I listen to podcasts/music anyway. So you don't notice.

The appeal of the Micra over a Spark - to me, anyway, everyone has their reasons - isn't aesthetic or comfort driven, if you'll allow the pun. It's price and reliability.

Where I come from (the Caribbean), Nissan, along with Toyota and Honda, has a reputation bulletproof reliability. I bought a Micra S because the price was absolutely unbelievable for a car with so few features there's even less chance something will break or go wrong. Plus the gas mileage I'm getting is probably only bested by a hybrid or electric.

If I were into comfort, quiet and features, my opinion is that the choice is less clear cut; I think at the Micra SV's pricepoint, there are some other good options.

Enjoy your Spark!
    your reliability viewpoint is valid, chevy hasn't done so well in the past,
    I've put about 1400km/hr on my spark, my fuelly page for mpg is looking good though
    http://www.fuelly.com/car/chevrolet/...pdmasta/441527

Thanks
    I see you got the manual transmission.

Did you go for the base "$9995" special?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I see you got the manual transmission.

Did you go for the base "$9995" special?
    No got the 1LT more than satisfied. My dash just changed to 5.5 litre /100km for average fuel economy, on my gas up should reflect on fuelly page. The spark is in lock step with vw tdi efficiency

Thanks
    yes, very loud..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micrampg View Post
    yes, very loud..
    Spark is only 68 decible at 100km. Not loud. Had to abandon micra.

Thanks
    Ha ha ha. all this talk about loud. Drive a Jeep Wrangler with 33" tires etc, then come talk about loud. The wind noise drowned out the stereo at all but insane volumes.