Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Build your Micra" tool/configurator now available on Nissan's site

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff88 View Post
    Why not?
    As soon as I wear out the Firefly, I'll consider it! I figure in about 9 or 10 more years it may have 100,000 kms on it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    I asked myself, how much would I pay to have a professionally installed backup camera and an upgraded head unit with USB connectivity, and to have the two integrated so I only need one LCD display? $500 seemed like a good deal to me.
    A Good Deal Yes But I'm Worried Later On When It Gives Me Problems, Imagine The Cost To Fix It.
    Last edited by OneTwoKombo; 04-18-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTwoKombo View Post
    A Good Deal Yes But I'm Worried Later On When It's Gives Me Problems, Imagine The Cost To Fix It.
    If it broke, why fix it? That'd be like throwing good money after bad; at that point, I'd replace the broken component with aftermarket. All the wiring should still be usable and running the wire is a huge part of the job, so if the camera went, I'd fit in a cheap aftermarket one (they're less than $30 on Amazon); if the head unit went, I'd find an aftermarket one that would take the camera input. If it all went bad and I didn't have the cash, I'd throw in a cheap aftermarket head unit and leave it at that.

It's all solid state, and based on my experience with solid state electronics, it'll probably outlast the rest of the car as long as there's no defects.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

OneTwoKombo (04-18-2014)