Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No acceleration??!!! RESOLVED

Thanks
    Basically I was told by my step father what the Tech who worked on my car said.

Alot of newer cars don't have a throttle cable anymore and it is all run off of computers. The Tail light wire separates into 3 lines to each of the Modules (BCM, ECM, ABS CONTROLLER) when the resistor or LED bulb was put in the vehicle (maybe a combination of both) it sent signals to these computer modules and caused the BCM to think that the brakes were applied even when they weren't. This caused the car to only allow 10% throttle which is why the car wasn't accelerating. When they replaced the BCM the car was still doing same **** so the engineers at Nissan said to test the PCM it is fine. Next is the ECM. when they replaced that and the abs controller was trying to relearn the BCM and ECM it couldnt for sum reason. At first the car was running but shut off on the way back to dealership and when they turned it back on same problem happened. The Engineers at Nissan then said to unplug the abs controller and drive the car. Well the car worked at that point so they said to replace the ABS controller.

That is all replaced now and the car is running great! Even seems to be running better then before but maybe it runs same as before but I havent had the car for 3 weeks and my have lost the feel for it? LOL

But honestly it seems to run better! I am no longer touching anything to do with electrical to my car again!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to L1ghtninchris For This Useful Post:

Wynter (06-02-2016)

Thanks
    Look how they cover there asses blaming my wiring ..

Name:  DSC_0017.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  95.8 KB

That's mind blasting...... F*** man good to hear it's All done.
    That still a VERY odd sequence of events.

Note to self... If car is acting up, disable ABS lol..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    That's mind blasting...... F*** man good to hear it's All done.
    That still a VERY odd sequence of events.

Note to self... If car is acting up, disable ABS lol..
    Ya its good that its done and over with but a BIG financial hit!!! I am so sorry I couldn't buy those window visors like i wanted too and now I don't know about the exhaust at the moment. I do want to do the swap with you so I can have ur nice sound! Lets see what happens in a couple weeks and i will let u know if anything.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to L1ghtninchris For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (06-01-2016)

The reason I was so skeptical about the resistor damaging it is because they blamed the mod immediately.
    They had know idea what was wrong or how to go it... But it was your fault ... That they knew.

It was the same with my engine replacement. As soon as they saw my car they told me I "modded the ecu/ECM"

- so wait, you don't know what's wrong yet, but you do "know" I'm paying for it???!?

Seems backwards right? Let's figure out what happened then figure out what's what.

But I guess with the bumper to bumper being expired ..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

No worries. You should just bought a new micra instead lol

Thanks
    The reason I was so skeptical about the resistor damaging it is because they blamed the mod immediately.
    They had know idea what was wrong or how to go it... But it was your fault ... That they knew.

It was the same with my engine replacement. As soon as they saw my car they told me I "modded the ecu/ECM"

- so wait, you don't know what's wrong yet, but you do "know" I'm paying for it???!?

Seems backwards right? Let's figure out what happened then figure out what's what.

But I guess with the bumper to bumper being expired ..
    Bumper to Bumper expired 60,000KM no difference no warranty left anyway, like i tried to say earlier they were confused as to the problem and we "helped" them find out what caused it. I initially went there and didn't say nothing and gave them the car with "No acceleration" problem.

Thanks
    No worries. You should just bought a new micra instead lol
    lol unfortunately to get out of my loan id be paying ALOT more then the $3,000 to fix my car.

Thanks
    They did a brake flush on my vehicle when replacing ABS controller. Guess that means when I buy new rotors and pads soon enough when I need them (as i have 70,000) and never changed them i wont need to change the fluid again lol.

So did they show you the internal damage? To the Bcm/ecm ?

I wonder if the abs controller was the problem the whole time?