Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: No acceleration??!!! RESOLVED

An example: at work the forklift stopped working.
    After a whole day of being down, the mechanic shows up replaces a shorted out connector and leaves.

I told my manager when it was fixed the first time " the symptom has been fixed, not the problem that caused the symptom"

The following day the truck is smelling funny. And not working.

Now. The problem has made new symptoms. If the battery is started to over charge that could make the smell.
    The alternator has a voltage regulator, that could be pooched. Causing to much voltage, over charging the battery and frying connectors.

If the connector was replaced, then the voltage tested we could have had it fixed day one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I will keep thread updated as I hear back hopefully tmrw. I just want my car back i cant go anywhere it sucks.

5 days and counting without a car.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by L1ghtninchris View Post
    he advanced ur timing three degress?? what was wrong ong with ur car that needed that done?
    Nothing was wrong ..nissan engineers have said that this adds three h.p. All micra cup cars have this done to make an even playing field for teams that are not supported by a dealership and therefore can't do this to their cars themselves.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (05-16-2016),L1ghtninchris (05-16-2016),LilGeckos (05-16-2016),Wynter (05-16-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by L1ghtninchris View Post
    I will keep thread updated as I hear back hopefully tmrw. I just want my car back i cant go anywhere it sucks.

5 days and counting without a car.
    At least you guys have UBER in Ontario, we don't have it anymore in QC.

Thanks
    Toronto isn't Ontario. Id say 80% of Ontario doesn't have it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

And mississauga banned über

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    i really dont have money for an uber anyway. I got no way around.

Well today i didnt hear anything and then near the end of the day i was told that they had to call Nissan Tech Support but nothing more.

Thanks
    hmm.. what if i take a uber from Markham and destination is Missisauga.. ?

In montreal, we have car2go, and communauto, don't know if you guys have that in toronto.

Thanks
    Moving to computer controlled functions in a car has actually made them less expensive to build. How, you might ask? A large portion of the cost of manufacturing a car is labour costs. The running of wires between switches, relays, and lights wasn't something that was easy to automate. By combining everything on PCB's, there are fewer steps required in the manufacturing process. It also makes it easier to share major components between models, so economies of scale can kick in sooner. It does make troubleshooting more difficult, but for dealerships who make their profit on service, that might be a feature, not a bug.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

micrapolis (05-19-2016)

Thanks
    After the BCM was replaced the car wouldnt stay on. Well now the car stays on they let it idle then went to put into gear same problem that I brought the car in for. SIGH.

At the end of the day today Nissan said they got a call back from tech support they told them to go through the pins/wires connected to the PCM to make sure all is good. They said all is ok gotta call back tech support and go through next step. They do one thing at a time with tech support until the problem is found...