Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rear trunk latch key (hatchback lock seized)

Thanks
    Any more news on this, caspiansea?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I was flat out denied any help by Nissan Canada but a Nissan Dealership I frequent and it is not Belleville where I bought it either. The other dealership is closer to where my daughters live and I have developed a rapport with them. They said do not do anything bring it in and we will look at it they saw the pictures. We told them how Nissan Belleville just flat out denied any responsibility and by my kilometers are in there right but there is an exception to every rule. I am going to the Dealers Monday if no help I will try and repair myself but I feel a new part is in order at least split the cost or something. But it will get done an be looked after. Thank you for diagrams they helped a lot. I am at or just over 90.000 Kilometers.
    Last edited by caspiansea; 05-14-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Thanks
    This isnt a suprise, I had issues with Belleville nissan's service department as well. Yes, the car is out of the bumper to bumper part of the warranty, but the part should not be rusting that bad, that quick.

I took a look in my hatch, and mine is rust free.. Maybe they forgot a gasket at the factory or something?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The one thing great it is easy to get those gromets off and check this part got to love it for its simplicity in design easy for a back yard mechanic to work on and I mean the whole car

Thanks
    Thanks for posting this! I know its from a while ago, but I need to check mine now.. Has anyone else found any common spots for rust to build up? I've dealt with the rockers already...
    N/A Subaru Addict...
    First Nissan Commuter

Thanks
    Rockers are the only other area I've seen people posting about.

These cars have been around for 4 Canadian winters now. Shouldn't really be seeing anything major yet. The key will be finding out if they have any dirt/moisture/salt "traps" in critical areas.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    This is true, I would hope that there wouldn't be any other large issues. Figured that it would be better to check anyways.. Thanks for your reply. I can however say that I was a little surprised by the rocker panel rust that had appeared after less than a year. Glad that the dealer was good to me though and sorted it out! Have you received the Air bag part recall?

N/A Subaru Addict...
    First Nissan Commuter