Thread: S / SV Stock Head Unit MP3 Discs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

S / SV Stock Head Unit MP3 Discs

So if your like me and bought a base model micra, you probably have your tunes on your phone using the 3.5mm headphone jack plugged into the head unit, plus wires, and a charger for your phone.

Ugh.

You could use the CD player. But that only holds a max of 20 songs. And having the 1990's 50 cd binder in the car kinda sucks too. I like my car clean.

There is an alternative. MP3 CD's. Even though the head unit doesn't say it supports it other then a confusing blurb in the manual. So I tried it out, and successfully burned a CD with 200 mp3's on a single disc. Now were talkin. No wires. No battery draining bluetooth tethering. Just simple.

So here's how you do it.

(Windows 8.1 Instructions, others likely similar.)
    Pop in a blank CD into your Burner. I personally choose maxell CD-R 700mb 80 minute discs.

You will see a window pop up:

You want to pick the bottom option. You can name the disc whatever you like.

The next window you will see will look like this:

From here you can open another window and drag and drop your mp3 files into this new window.

If you only have a few Mp3's then you can do this:

This will burn the CD.

Now lets just say you have a metric TON of music you want to add like I do. Well putting them all on the disc is a bit of a pain looking for the right groove going down the highway. But there is a solution:

Right click on the blank space, and make new folders. Like this:

There ya go..

Now drag and drop those tracks into the folders.

Thats it. Now the folders dont have to be by band name. Thats just the way I like it. You can make various mixes to your liking like, "Metro's Smooth Jazz" or whatever. Up to you.

Once you got it sorted out, hit this: Finish burning.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 1678
Size:  5.7 KB

Your gonna see this:

You can name the CD whatever you want.

Hit next. Depending on the speed of your computer, it could take a little bit.

Grab yourself a coffee because you are awesome.

Part 2 coming soon.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

Wynter (05-10-2016)