Thread: Nissan Micra, Canada's cheapest car: How many features can you live without? (Cheney)

Thanks

Nissan Micra, Canada's cheapest car: How many features can you live without? (Cheney)

Name:  micra-cheney.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  63.5 KB

When the new Chevy Spark came out at $9995, undercutting the Micra by three dollars, Nissan pretty quickly revised its MSRP down to $9988.

It looks like Nissan's move paid off: the Globe and Mail published a review last week by Peter Cheney about "Canada's cheapest car". And it's not about the Spark.

Cheney's a good writer -- a cut above the typical auto journos.

There is a real joy to be found in elemental machines, and I’ve always had a touch of the ascetic in me (I was 43 before I got a car with a factory radio and air conditioning). The Micra took me back to my student days, and it had some superb qualities.
    He's sentimental about the base version, but finds a few nits to pick. In the end he says he'd go for the SV himself for the extra features.

Full review here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle29873263/

Interesting: 72 comments below the article, which is a lot for a Globe review.

It's actually the first Micra review I've seen in Canada since September of last year. Wonder what took Cheney so long? I wouldn't expect to see many more Micra reviews this year since the 2016 is largely unchanged.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

micrapolis (05-11-2016),Wynter (05-10-2016)