Thread: DAMN DHL!! Ask your ebay seller how they ship before buying.

Thanks

Angry DAMN DHL!! Ask your ebay seller how they ship before buying.

Avoid DHL, FEDEX or UPS... they are all the same...

Here is the story

I purchased a decal from ebay cost 2$... shipped from China using DHL... DHL package arrived at the door, i signed and took delivery. No additional cost was mentioned...

a week later, i received a letter from DHL, charging me 30 cents of import tax + 10$ of processing fees + 1.5$ for tax on the processing fees.. mother...f...ker... Now the 2$ item is costing me 13.80$....

In the past, you can refuse a package from DHL if they make you pay at your door. So you may lose 2$, but you don't have to pay the overpriced processing fees. NOW, they don't mention the fees, but they make you sign on the little machine, stating that "by signing, i agree to assume all fees associated with this package" and then they send you a letter to make you pay for it...

You can call to make a complaint, but they will tell you, you signed and agreed to all..... bla bla bla...

Really.. why does the seller need to use DHL to ship a 2 cm X 5 cm sticker... ???

DIRTY DIRTY way to do business, both the ebay seller and DHL.

Thanks
    and if you don't pay for it.. well, they contract a firm to reclaim that money from you and keep harrassing you until you pay up.. also threaten you that it will affect your credit scores and everything...

In the past, i have seens ridiculous processing fees like 50$ for a 15$ purchase.. so.. take my advice:
    ask before you buy, and read before you sign...
    Last edited by micra2080; 05-09-2016 at 12:21 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to micra2080 For This Useful Post:

Wynter (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Yes - I was once burned $25 in fees for a $10 item.

I only purchase items sent through the post office. Usually that means USPS.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I avoid DHL at all costs. Had a situation with them over 10 years ago where they tried to ding me for duties a month later claiming their brokerage system was being updated at the time so they were behind. They sent it directly to a collection agency too.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    I've got 3 more decals on order from ebay, so how do we know if the product is shipped via DHL? Thanks!

Thanks
    you have to ask the ebay seller...
    otherwise, if he gave you a tracking number, then he will usually tell you where to track.. if it's fedex, DHL or UPS.. you know what to do...

I mean, as a proud canadian citizen, i am willing to pay the import duty, but not the bull**** 10$ process fee and the tax on the bull**** 10$ process fees.. .. that.. no..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to micra2080 For This Useful Post:

Wynter (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Ok, I loaded a page on ebay and clicked 'details about international shipping'. It says may be additional charges for customs clearance, but doesn't state who the shipping company is, so we have to email ebay first to ask?
    I have track package on 2 orders, clicked it, but don't see anything about who's tracking it.

Thanks
    If it's already shipped out, nothing you can do now. just wait for the package to arrive, if it's any of DHL, Fedex and UPS, ask if there's a duty tax associated to it.. make sure the delivery man says no, then sign for the package..

But normally, shipping from China re done with china post, which get transferred to Canada Post, for small items, they don't bother charging you duty on it.

DHL would not hesitate to make sure your item get screened by the border to charge you duty on it, because this is how they make money.. if your item cost you 1$, they will help you pay that 15 cents duty, and clear custom for you but they charge you 10 dollars processing fees in return for the service.

Thanks
    This happened to me as well. Here's what I would do. I'd mention this to the seller and let him know that this will impact his feedback score, customs is one thing, but processing fees are the responsibility of the shipper as far as I'm concerned, they should be prepaid on his end. I'd tell DHL to go F*** their hat, literally. I would kindly let them know that is one thing among many they could try in lieu of trying to get any money out of me. I'd explain how much more productive and enjoyable it would be for them. Then I would send them a bill in registered mail, for slightly more than they are requesting, as I just decided the walkway to my door is now a toll route and by walking on the property they have expressly agreed to the tolls and processing fees associated with such travel. Let it go to collections, they don't have your sin# so good luck trying to put it on your credit. And no collections agency is going to spend any amount of time to recover $15. I'd laugh at anyone who even tried, in fact it would make my day. Worse thing that is going to happen is that they will withhold any future packages until the account is paid, which is fine since you won't be using them again anyway. Had this battle with ups before. Dropped a package at my front door where someone could of easily stolen it, I paid $70 for the item, seller marked value at $250, UPS wanted $75. Instead of the payment, they lost any future business from my purchases. Long story short, just use the national government run mail of whichever country you are buying from. Can you tell I'm still a little bitter?

As well a little side note, if it was over $50 it is covered under The Consumer Protection Act . (CPA) gives you special rights when you buy something in your home that costs more than $50.

As a consumer, you:

have the right to cancel a contract for any reason within a 10-day cooling-off period.

Last edited by Vapor; 05-10-2016 at 02:44 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapor For This Useful Post:

Wynter (05-10-2016)