Thread: Is this something that can be done on our Micra? (side mirror w/ LED signal repeater)

Thanks

Is this something that can be done on our Micra? (side mirror w/ LED signal repeater)

Name:  HTB1dZ2uFFXXXXc6aXXXq6xXFXXXB.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  89.3 KB
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-Pcs-Arrow-I...NWE3uY&vxp=mtr

Thanks
    There will be a way I think but depends if anyone makes the flashing mirror in the right shape? As you guys don't have side repeaters at all and ours aren't on the mirror covers already like on the hyundai above which makes it a lot easier on that car. But yeah could be done I think just be tricky feeding the wires through the mirror into the door then off into the car.
    Edit: sorry just noticed it's not a complete mirror glass and it's an add on, yeah then definitely doable just that fiddly wiring. That'll look cool
    Last edited by Johnuk; 04-26-2016 at 05:54 PM.

Thanks
    This was something I thought about doing but probably will not now. The reason being that my SR has "heated" mirrors. The elements in them will probably look something like this:

Name:  2010.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  97.6 KB

Or this:

Name:  K12.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  45.6 KB

Since they are metal elements that are used for the heaters then there will be interference with the light trying to show through. Basically the light will be partly or wholly blocked. Looks like I'll pass on this project but someone else may wish to try.

Maybe someone will sell ones already with lights in them.

Yes Johnuk, you have those cool "repeaters on your wings." Did I get that correct?

Thanks
    This is probably a better option if you want turn signals on your mirrors.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271374734503...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I've been thinking about going this route myself.

Thanks
    my prob with this mod is....our side mirrors are tiny as it is. this robs even more real estate, and not to mention, it's distracting to you as the driver.

thirdly, any side mirror's lights are supposed to be for your fellow drivers, not for you. and yet, if im that 'fellow driver', id have a hard time imagining i'd ever notice this light....unless it was super bright. and for safety reasons, id hate it to be too bright.

Thanks
    They do get noticed. In particular by motorcycles that have to sit closer to centerline then typical cars. Also if someone is in your blindspot, they will see it. Distracting to the driver? Well. Thats up to personal opinion. My wife's jetta has a small portion that lights up when the indicator is on, many vehicles have this as an OEM option and most vehicles with blind spot monitoring have the indicator built into the mirror glass so I guess its up to you.

Amber or red for rearward facing is fine. I dont think they sell the marked glass fit for the micra and as far as I know, the micra is the only one with that shape.. But what I would do personally is I would visit a scrapyard and grab the mirrors of a wrecked one. Then I would play with LEDS until I got something that worked for me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...