Thread: another random noise with the micra...

Thanks

another random noise with the micra...

Today at the dealership i reported another type of noise, at 0.08 and 0.17 seconds of the video. You can hear a little ... tick when you tap on the roof... when you drive and your car shakes, that little tick would sounds like a static sound t..tt..t.t.t.t.t.t....t.t.t.tt.....
    TOTALLY... HATE THAT!!!

Dealer said they tried on another Micra, and was able to reproduce it, but it will be a huge pain to open the roof and try to find what is wrong.. it will take up to 2 days .. and there's no guarantee that will be fixed.. but.. it's under warranty..

So.. try that on your Micra, pull down your sunvisor on the driver side, and continuously tap on the roof.. and see if you can hear the tick.. tick.. tick.. sounds like a sand is stuck in there...

https://youtu.be/qyhtYYlPMGs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    Today at the dealership i reported another type of noise, at 0.08 and 0.17 seconds of the video. You can hear a little ... tick when you tap on the roof... when you drive and your car shakes, that little tick would sounds like a static sound t..tt..t.t.t.t.t.t....t.t.t.tt.....
    TOTALLY... HATE THAT!!!

Dealer said they tried on another Micra, and was able to reproduce it, but it will be a huge pain to open the roof and try to find what is wrong.. it will take up to 2 days .. and there's no guarantee that will be fixed.. but.. it's under warranty..

So.. try that on your Micra, pull down your sunvisor on the driver side, and continuously tap on the roof.. and see if you can hear the tick.. tick.. tick.. sounds like a sand is stuck in there...

https://youtu.be/qyhtYYlPMGs
    I have the same rattle in my Micra, its further amplified by my sub, I find it will rattle between the center of my roof and drivers side..going to pull headliner and dynamat.
    SMUTT155

Thanks
    I find the noise rather low, sometimes if you have your MP3 playing, it's not noticeable. but I usually drive without music, and then the sound of tt..t..t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.tt..t.t.t.t.t.t from you start the car until you arrive at your destination and shut it down.
    that's annoying!!

And my wife will be driving this car mostly, nothing is more stressful when you are a new driver and hear all kind of weird noises from the car..

Thanks
    Yep, this is a common one. Stab a long pin (like from a poppy) into the headliner at a 45' angle so it touches the roof and the headliner.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    but the thing is.. if it's covered with warranty.. will you get it fixed?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    but the thing is.. if it's covered with warranty.. will you get it fixed?
    See the dealership, tell them you have a squeak/rattle concern in headliner, it will be coverered under warranty, however my modifications may influence my warranty coverage.
    SMUTT155

Thanks
    Hey Howie, what's the logic of the poppy pin? why would it fix the noise?

Thanks
    Its just long enough that it touches the headliner and the puts a hint of tension between the metal roof and the headliner material.

Im in the air force and its pretty common near Remembance day to keep spares in your car as they sometimes fall apart or the seatbelt eats them when in uniform when you get in or out. So it was handy.

I imagine just about any sewing needle would work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Howie, what i mean is i don't understand how a pin would solve the noise problem. what is the root cause of the noise anyways?

THanks!

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have a rattle just above me on the driver side.
    The panel rattles and I push on it, it will stop it for just awhile.