Thread: All Weather Tires

Thanks

All Weather Tires

Greetings all,
    have any of you tried out the Nokian or Kuhmo all weather tires on your Micra?
    I like the advantage of not having to have a second set of rims/tires for both seasons. I know at our office they use the Nokian's on vans and really like them. They get about 85,000KM out of a set of the WRG6's.

Thanks
    On my old Yaris, I used to be a fan of Michelin, then a friend of mine suggested Gislav Nordfrost, which is surprisingly amazing, had those for 3 winters and they were still good..

On my Micra, i got the dunloops winter tires that the dealership gave me, they gave me those for free, so i didn't ask question... They were good enough for last winter. Just got my all-weather Dunlops put on in April 1st, so far so good. no complaints.

Thanks
    Your choice should be decided by location and what your driving style is like .. Never know two sets may be for you
    SMUTT155

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SMUTT155 For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    On my old Yaris, I used to be a fan of Michelin, then a friend of mine suggested Gislav Nordfrost, which is surprisingly amazing, had those for 3 winters and they were still good..

On my Micra, i got the dunloops winter tires that the dealership gave me, they gave me those for free, so i didn't ask question... They were good enough for last winter. Just got my all-weather Dunlops put on in April 1st, so far so good. no complaints.
    I have never heard of Dunlop All Weather tires - all season yes. Can you clarify? There are Nordman, Nokian and Hankook....
    Here is a Nokian review: http://www.autos.ca/winter-driving/t...ng-test/?all=1

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have been using Nokians for quite some time now and I have to say I'm really satisfied. They are quite durable (which seems to be uncommon in the case of all-weather tyres), have good grip... Really comfortable while driving. Try looking for some reasonable price deals, maybe online, ususally cheaper than at the garage. You may try https://www.eiretyres.com/ or https://www.car-parts.ie/. I've bought some tyres and parts from them a few times, reasonable prices.

Thanks
    Thanks for the comments. We will be going with all weather Nokian's from KAL Tire here in Edmonton. Warm regards. I am not a fan of a second set of rims. One tire and rim for the year.
    Last edited by GreatWhite; 09-03-2016 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling

If your snow/ice in your area is minimal and your just looking for a tire that does lose it's grip below 9C then all weathers are fine. If you like maximum control and have accumulated snow/ice/black ice then winter tire are preferred.

I work at a tire distribution / service centre. I can tell you that a bus company uses Dunlop winter maxx sj8 year round on their vans and sailun terra max on their half buses.

We are receiving over 5,500 winter tire over the next couple weeks bringing our current winter tire stock to over 6,600 we carry all major brands and inexpensive brands from overseas like mirage, diamondback, triangle, Aeolus ( proud sponsor of the toronto raptors), blacklion ( exclusive rights ), nexen, Antares, sailun.

I am working on a deal with my GM to offer a discount on tires for this forum.
    I would likes one feed back on what you would like.

A flat rate discount ( %off )
    A specific package ( a good tire at a great price, but the same for everyone, since we all have the same car)
    Seasonal tire storage
    Alignment inspection

And what do we offer in return.
    Word of mouth, sticker on vehicle?

My work has a Goodyear national account and like to move high volume so we can get the best rates. Which is good for the group. Another good thing is our tire size is very popular. So there will be many in stock.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I would go for a sticker. By the way what is the most aggresive looking winter tire that will fit on the Micra? 16inch of course.