Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanabe sustec brace (front, lower)

Thanks
    Added to the Micra modifications / customizations list

---

Any driving impressions to share? I put a lower brace on a car and have to say I couldn't tell the difference (gen 1 Golf / Rabbit). However when I put one on a Swift it made a big difference. (Though that car was a rusty mess, so it probably helped more than normal!)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Johnuk (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Yes there is a difference, more than I thought there would be tbh. It has a fair bit less understeer than before and just feels generally flatter and more sure around corners. I am quite impressed. If I can get hold of a rear Arb I think it will be become dare I say a good handling little car! It really feels like the lowering and wider wheels are paying off now with the brace fitted too!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnuk For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-07-2016),Pete (04-10-2016)

Thanks
    Thanks for the update.

"rear Arb" = rear bar?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Anti roll bar or sway bar I think is what guys call them? Our UK Micras don't have a rear one at all, but I belive yours do? Is that right?

Thanks
    Gotcha.

Yes, the rear anti-roll bar comes standard here. It's one of several reasons the Canadian Micra got much better reviews than the Mirage, which does not have a rear bar and was criticized for body roll/sloppy handling. I've read the same critique of Micras in some Euro reviews.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Johnuk (04-10-2016),Wynter (04-09-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Very nice!

What did it cost you and where did you get it if you don't mind?
    $122.73 Cdn with shipping. And that's a good price that compares with directly buying from a Japanese auction site( which is usually the least expensive )

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Gotcha.

Yes, the rear anti-roll bar comes standard here. It's one of several reasons the Canadian Micra got much better reviews than the Mirage, which does not have a rear bar and was criticized for body roll/sloppy handling. I've read the same critique of Micras in some Euro reviews.
    Yeah I've noticed all the reviews over here say how bad the handling is but yours are the opposite. I can't find any other make than ultra racing that do a rear bar. I really don't wanna have to pay out £200 and then wait 12 weeks!

Thanks
    Could you get the Canadian one from Nissan?

Thanks
    Sadly not I've been trying to get your SR side skirts. But all 3 Nissan dealers I've tried have told me they can't source parts from out of Europe. I even had the part numbers for them too

Thanks
    Update on this brace. I think it may be dead and may have to come off thanks to a ridiculous speed hump at Leeds Airport yesterday it was so tall and so short the car just landed on the brace. I've not had a chance to put it on the lift to have a proper look yet but what I've see from sticking my head under don't look good. It's all bent and the mounting points are pushed back! I'm so annoyed!