Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NISMO Grill Badge (HOW TO)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    would you be able to take the upper grill out?

2nd question, would you be able to access the lower grill too?
    Do you mean the the actual mesh? I didn't really look to see how it was attached.

With the cover off you can see down to the lower grill clearly. I dropped a nut down there and was able to easily retrieve it with a magnet tool.

Thanks
    Those 'things' that protrude from the cover, are what I defined as 'odd thing' that I had to hold back a bit with a flathead to pry it out of the way to push the mesh past it. I guess it stabilizes the cover as it sits flush against the grill.

It would be so much easier to remove the grill with that thing out of the way! And yes, to retrieve any dropped items! lol

Thanks
    Hey Vapor, next time you are taking that cover out, can you maybe take a video?? i was stuck with the cover for 2 hours, and couldn't take it out.. there was once, i pull half of it out.. but there's always something that stuck, and not allow me to pull it completely out..

Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Like I said in the post, it will feel like it is still attached but it is not. It's just hung up. When I pulled mine out I thought I broke it at first. When I do the mesh protection I'll shoot a video.

Thanks
    Like you said.. it feels like it is still attached.. but.. i just can't manage to pull it out lol...

Thanks
    If I could only figure out how to remove the top grill, that would make things so much easier! If it's even easier than removing that cover!

IF it's a pain to get the mesh wire through the opening where I did the top grill to do the bottom, then I'll get the same product you got micra2080, and weave it in through the lower grill vents as they are much larger, this weekend, or at least try!

Thanks
    Yes.. if we can manage to remove the top grill, the cutting would be better for the mesh, and it will fit better.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    Yes.. if we can manage to remove the top grill, the cutting would be better for the mesh, and it will fit better.
    For sure! I don't want to do the lower grill in so many pieces, so if I can get it done in 2, I'll plasti dip the mesh, since I have extra mesh. I really want to re do the top, it's messy, and the silver wire is bugging me! But not unless I can access it easier! Doing it that way was hell, and removing it the way it went in would be hellion too! So for now, it stays!

Thanks
    Personally did this myself a long time ago but get nothing but abuse about it all the time. It's sad really

Thanks
    Abuse from who?

And... welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...