Thread: New Nissan motorsport competition: Micra Warrior Trophy

Thanks

New Nissan motorsport competition: Micra Warrior Trophy

Name:  micra-trax.jpg
Views: 2272
Size:  52.0 KB

From: http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/c...warrior-trophy

Micra S models equipped with snow tracks will race through extreme polar conditions and scale Alberta's formidable Teatawn Mountain

MISSISSAUGA, ONT. – Nissan today announced details pertaining to a new Canadian motorsport event set to launch in December 2016, the Nissan Micra Warrior Trophy. After a successful inaugural year for the Canadian Nissan Micra Cup, and the positive reaction worldwide to the Rogue Warrior extreme prototype vehicle, Nissan will fuse together the trademark features of both initiatives – spec series racing, high-performance all-wheel drive track system and the Nissan Micra - for a winter motorsport competition unlike any other.

The Micra Warrior Trophy will be held over one weekend – December 30-January 1, starting with a practice and qualifying sessions on Friday, and one race on both Saturday and Sunday. In reflection of the Nissan Micra Cup, this one of-a-kind spec series event will also use the base Micra S 6MT, but it will be fitted with a heavy-duty track system similar to the one used on the Rogue Warrior measuring 28"/76 cm in height, 48"/122 cm in length and individual track width of 36"/92 cm.

Modifications to all of the Micra Warrior Trophy units will be handled by one company - Alberta-based K10 Motorsports Inc. The race will take place in Frozen Lake, Alberta, on a track designed by Andros March, president of Andros Advanced Motorsport. The circuit will be a combination of ice and snow, and conclude with a steep climb up Teatawn Mountain, whose peak sits 9,988 metres above sea level, and will challenge drivers with a 75 degree incline for a fierce uphill battle.

A maximum of 30 Micra Warrior vehicles will be allowed to participate, with the first 10 spots open to interested current Micra Cup drivers and selected by lottery. Drivers, crew and their friends and family will be shipped to the custom-built track by helicopter due to its remote location, which is approximately 1,300 km northwest of Fort McMurray, and known to see regular snow accumulation upwards of 38 centimetres in certain areas. Due to its location and potentially extreme winter weather environment, Nissan will provide crews with a small fleet of Nissan Rogue Warrior vehicles to use trackside and between lodgings at the Almera Mountainside resort.

The Micra Warrior Trophy will be managed and promoted by the hatchback stunt driver, Jack D'Hay who achieved worldwide fame in 2014 when his ice-racing and stunt-driving videos on his YouTube Channel - aptly named "SkidsWithoutFear" - went viral. D'Hay also has extensive experience in spec-series racing on both the crew and driver side in Europe, he brings over two decades of motorsport experience to the Micra Warrior Trophy.

"I've been following the Nissan Micra Cup very closely since it launched last year in Quebec. I was shocked to learn the Micra Cup was the only series of its kind in Canada, and I saw an opportunity to build on this fun and unique motorsport competition," says Jack D'Hay, promoter of the Micra Warrior Trophy. "When I learned more about the Nissan Rogue Warrior, I took it as a sign to move forward and pursue my idea of launching another spec series, and in winter conditions I know well. The Micra Warrior Trophy will make history as the most daring, and fun motorsport event North America has seen yet."

Full rules and regulations will be published June 31st. For more information, please contact the Nissan Canada public relations team (coordinates below) or series promoter, Jack D'Hay:
    1-514-298-6537
    jkdhay@foolsdayracing.ca

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I smell un Poisson d'avril

Thanks
    Wondered when this would get posted today
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    Photoshop makes things too easy these days.

I have to admit though, the picture made me laugh out loud.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Lmao... Figures

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Now that I think of it, if they'd done this to the Micra for the winter car show circuit instead of (or in addition to) the Rogue, they would have gotten 100x more media coverage.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I would watch that

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hey I could use this mod where I live, where do I sign up????

Nice!