Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I need to go 'fishing' behind the bumper for the lost zip ties?

Thanks

Do I need to go 'fishing' behind the bumper for the lost zip ties?

While installing the top grill screen, a few (or more) zip ties fell down into the bottom bumper area.
    Should I get them out, will they fly around and end up in the fan or elsewhere and cause damage? Thanks!

Thanks
    the fan is on the other side near the engine. I don't think you have problem, the front is open a lot(2 large grill) If you damage your car with tie wrap call Nissan!!! Micra are cheap but not that cheap!!!!! ...I hope!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to palourde77 For This Useful Post:

Wynter (03-28-2016)

Thanks
    Nah, I dropped a pencil down there when I deleted my A/C. You will be fine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

Wynter (03-28-2016)

Thanks
    Thanks Guys! Now that the top is done, I realized I could have used a crochet hook (can ya tell I'm a 'girl), to bring the other end of the zip tie through to the front in the areas where my hand didn't reach, of course 'after' the one job is done I think of this. It may come in handy with the bottom grill and longer zip ties.

I would have preferred the leaf gutter guard also, but no store stocked it in a roll here except in the 6 piece set, which at the time I didn't think of cutting and returned. The pattern on the gutter guard is smaller and would keep out tiny stones.

Thanks
    was it easy to do??? i was thinking of doing the grill too..

Thanks
    Did you have to take the whole bumper off?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    was it easy to do??? i was thinking of doing the grill too..
    Holy Crap! IF I could have got the grill out as someone here did, it would have been so much easier, I couldn't figure out how to and feared I'd break it. Some here took the bumper off, BUT I don't have the tools and if I did, I wouldn't attempt that by myself. I need my 'modifier' son for that! lol

I measured and cut 3 pieces for the top. Used the only spot that you can access to put each in, ( far left facing car) used a flat head to hold back the piece that's touching the grill as the wire was hard to get past it. Used a bent coat hangar to hold it in place while putting my head through the hangar part to hold it to be able to use both hands (what a site)! I used makeshift tools to slide the piece to the far right (where you cannot access from behind). Dropped one, got it from the bottom and 'moved' it to the top.

Now that it's done, next time (and for the bottom grill) I'll use LONG zip ties, there's more to grab, if you saw how many I lost my grip and went back through that hole! Also, a hook of some sort, (crochet hook would be good, and I have many), to grab the zip tie to pull it out. I just bent the zip tie and tried (took SO much time) to get it through the grill to the front.

The last piece near the access area was a treat! You can tie it from inside to not show the lock and accessing that piece was easy. It can be done without removing a thing, and a few curse words!

Thanks
    Hey Wynter,

Would be nice if you can take a pic of the tools you used.. my english is not good enough to comprehend

Thanks!! Appreciated

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    Hey Wynter,

Would be nice if you can take a pic of the tools you used.. my english is not good enough to comprehend

Thanks!! Appreciated
    I'll do that for you, but my camera is 'caput' (not working). I'll use my daughters cell and get those photo's for you and explain each one.

Basically, a bent coat hangar hood (smaller to fit through the front grill and mesh to 'hold' it from falling,
    Flat head to hold back that part that is touching the grill
    LONGER zip ties next time, I'll get the size of mine so you'll know to get longer ones
    A crochet hook would have saved me so much time, put it through the grill, hook the zip tie and pull it out, You could use a thin wire and bend it if you don't 'crochet'! lol
    Wire cutters
    Measuring tape

*Tape for my mouth, man did I swear a few times! lol!

As soon as I can, I'll get the pics for you!

Thanks
    Thanks!!