Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Third toy arrived!!: Key Fob!

Thanks
    Well not as great as I thought. First I had to file the edges of the button holes because the buttons were too stiff and would not return on their own. Then I dropped it and it stopped working. Took it apart and it seems there is no retention system to prevent the the electronic board from sliding out of place losing contact with the battery terminals. Going to see if I can glue it in place. Sucks having a fancy new key and have to ask the wife to open the hatch for me with hers.

Thanks
    I've been lucky haven't had a single problem with mine since i got it!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    Putting back the spring in, noticed that there's this little tail... should point that way..

Then you put this piece with 3 bumps on the other end of the spring. also make sure that the bump in the middle is facing that way..

Put the key on the piece with the 3 bumps.

Now this is the important part.. i screwed up my spring by turning it in the wrong way.
    Place the cover piece on the key like in the picture. but don't close it..
    GENTLY Turn ONLY the cover piece clock wise TWICE. (you will notice that the key will turn along when you turn the cover piece)
    Then close the cover piece.
    Try pressing the chromed button, to see if the key comes out properly smoothly.

use the screw to secure the fob, and put the nissan logo on.
    Make sure you don't put the Nissan logo reversed.

Time to take the key to Canadian tire for a cut!!! remember, go on a less busy day!!
    TADA!!!

Thank you for your awesome write-up! I would have been pretty lost with the install otherwise since, as you mentioned, there are no instructions whatsoever.

I also ordered from Aliexpress, took almost five months to arrive One question though — did yours come with the metal battery retainer clip (below) on the replacement unit? Mine didn't and I had to take a pair of pliers to pull it out from the original key and transfer it over. It got a bit mangled and as a result doesn't want to stay put. It works after everything was put together but I'm worried if I drop the fob that it might become dislodged and no longer contact the circuit board.

A quick trip later to my local Canadian Tire and it's all ready to go! Can't say enough good things about CT, they even cut it for free since the clerk said they normally only cut the key blanks they sell, rather than a customer brought unit.

Edit: the adhesive that comes on the back of the Nissan stick-on logo is a bit of a joke. It didn't adhere at all to the plastic cover, so I dabbed a little super glue on the back to keep it in place. That should be fun when it comes time to change out the battery as it covers the screw hole...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by geodude; 07-17-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    I want one!!!!!