Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Gen Spied Testing: TTAC article

Thanks
    Yeah. I already think I'll stick with the k13

Thanks
    even the renault logo was and remains uggo

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It won't be a rebadged Renault Clio, the K14 will be on a new platform which also will be used for the next Nissan Juke.

It still can look like the latest artist renderings, with or without the rear door handles. Sometimes the camouflage wants you to think in a certain direction.

Name:  nissan-micra-2016-rendering.jpg
Views: 1043
Size:  51.0 KB

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Another recent artist rendering based on the spy shots...

Name:  nissn-micra-spy.jpg
Views: 16549

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MicraK13NL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Hmm it's not floating my boat tbh. Top looks like a Renault / seat hybrid. And bottom is a lot like a Citroën DS3. I'm generally not a fan of new cars everything looks the same now to me it's all a bit yawn! I hope they don't make it really boring. Or if they do they must must give us a Nismo version at least!

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MicraK13NL View Post
    Another recent artist rendering based on the spy shots...

Name:  nissn-micra-spy.jpg
Views: 16549
    Looks very Fiesta-ish to me for some reason...

A lot of the new Nissan products are getting that "V" grille theme, just as Toyota has that "hourglass mouth" grille thing happening with Lexus, now even the new Corolla has it
    Nice!

Thanks
    Yeah, I don't buy "all new". Nissan isnt going to develop a brand new platform from the ground up specifically for the Micra alone. It would be way too expensive.

Dont get me wrong- I would love a micra that is ground up brand new. But we are talking about the cheapest car in canada and a lot of countries. Designing something brand new costs money. Lots and lots of money in research and development. Tons of money to bring infrastructure into dealers to fix it. When you think of it, thats probably why the micra has the HR16, because the dealers have the tools and training to work on it. Plus retooling all the plants, making new stamps..

Or- Hey big brother Renault. Remember the thing we did where we borrowed the NV series? Well. We need a new compact. And you make lots.

Im sorry. When 2 companies have an alliance, and we see spyshots of a micra, that looks like another vehicle in the aliance, and its a cheap way to drive a profit margin up... The subcompact market is one where customers have a boatload of choice. And one of the primary reasons why people looked the way of the micra when it came out was its low cost. The lowest msrp in canada. They are going to try to keep it cheap with a good profit margin, and like most manufacturers in north america- Pull a vehicle from overseas, rebadge it and resell it where it didnt sell before.

Oh, and as a side point- The clio we are talking about is built on Alliance "B" platform. Which current micras and versa's which would make it really easy to convert other factories over to produce.

Ill bet the next poster a double double that what lands here, will be a rebadged clio. Maybe an HR or MR engine underneath for ease of tooling.
    Last edited by Howie; 04-06-2016 at 10:50 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'd agree there. The world of cars is stupid at the moment. Everyone uses each others stuff. For example yesterday I had a 2013 ford mondeo in for a service which had under the bonnet a Citroën engine, you buy a volvo you get ford chassis and ford engine? You buy a Ford focus St you get a volvo engine? And that's just one circle of weird-ness they are all at it! Why can't they just build a car on their own? They all make all the comments then share them about and mix them up? I don't get it?