Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My very first BRAND NEW CAR is a 2015 NISSAN MICRA SR!!!

Thanks

My very first BRAND NEW CAR is a 2015 NISSAN MICRA SR!!!

I'm 46 years old and my philosophy to save money has been to buy a solid $2000-3000 car every year and then sell it the next year for the same price as I bought it. So for 25+ years, I have had a solid beater for the same original $2000 and I pay insurance on a 10+ year old vehicle. Minus the odd unlucky alternator, fuel pump etc, I have saved a lot of money.

This year everything changed, I have a little one on the way. The latest victim in my line of successions of good used cars is a Ford Explorer. My wife wanted a newer car and I was up to spend for some new tires for the Ford anyway so it was a good time to price out new cars in the new but economical range (under $20,000 or way less). With a competitive field of brand new wooers attempting to wow me, I wound up considering
    -Ford Focus and Fiesta
    -Hyundai Accent and Elantra
    -Toyota Prius and Yaris
    -Kia Rio
    -Mitsubishi Mirage
    -Honda Fit and Civic
    -Dodge Dart
    -Chevrolet Sonic and Spark
    -Nissan Micra

In the end the Nissan Micra won me over with one video. The Nissan Micra Cup. Bought the SR and we've been loving it. Eventually, hunting for add-ons led me to Micra Forum. Cheers!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 8.1 L/100 km ... 34.9 mpg (Imp) ... 12.3 km/L ... 29.0 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Mercenary For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-01-2016),Wynter (03-24-2016)

Thanks
    Welcome

Thanks
    If you really look into saving.. Mirage is a good option... save on gas.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    If you really look into saving.. Mirage is a good option... save on gas.
    As long as you are not in a rush to get anywhere and don't mind driving a vibrating car! Welcome to the site Mr. Mercenary!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

micrapolis (03-25-2016)

Thanks
    yes.. it's shaky.. but when i test drove the Mirage, i have no problem pushing it to 140 km/h on a Max 70 highway. The sales person next to me almost pee his pants.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to micra2080 For This Useful Post:

Wynter (03-24-2016)

Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2016 Micra Active manual: 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.9 mpg (Imp) ... 16.6 km/L ... 39.0 mpg (US) ...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ajijic For This Useful Post:

FrostyyCarter (02-21-2017),micrapolis (03-25-2016),Pete (03-24-2016)

Thanks
    That's what they say... those guys are paid to write these negative things...
    Cheaper car always get bad reviews, cheaper cars = lower budget = no money for professional reviewers = bad reviews..

Go ask the owners in the Mirage forum, you will hear how happy they are.

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum.

My Micra SR is also my first brand new car.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post

Go ask the owners in the Mirage forum, you will hear how happy they are.
    It's pretty slow here at work today so I have some time to debate this if you wish. Speaking of slow the extra $5.00 to $10.00 a week in fuel is worth it to most of us for the extra 31 H.P. Shaky? more like buzzy and loud inside under acceleration. I have spent time on the mirage forum and of coarse they seem happy... they bought a mirage. A lot of them are Americans who did'nt have the micra option. I know there are people who have drove both like yourself and still prefer the mirage I just can't wrap my head around why? I drove both mirage first then a micra and if I had drove the micra first the mirage test drive would have been over in less than 5 minutes the difference is that huge. There is really not much else to say other than I think I will go over to the Mirage forum now and tell the good folks over there all the great things about the micra. It is slow here at work

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

FrostyyCarter (02-21-2017),micrapolis (03-25-2016),Wynter (03-24-2016)

Thanks
    Lol.. it's pretty slow at work today too... not many "My keyboard does n't work" calls this morning..

the Mirage is about 25% more fuel efficient than the Mirca, it's a good 10$ a week if you use 40$ gas a week... I was surprised and angry when i found out that the Mirage isn't more fuel efficient than my 8 year's old Yaris..

Horse power.. this is a trade-off for the fuel efficiency. but it only matters if you need it... Driving in Montreal, most streets are 50 km... and you have to avoid the potholes.. you hardly go over 60 km off highways.

I test-drove Mirage before Micra, and yes I have to agree that Micra was more fun to drive.. less shaky.. But I am an old school, i always go by "what i need" not "what i want"... So if it was MY car, i will take Mirage,, but since my wife will be driving this Micra to work mostly, and she likes the Micra better, so we picked Micra.

Mirage is a very good option, despite the biased professional reviews, it's a very good car for city drive...