Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: hmm..... I am doing 6.5 L /100 KM

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynter View Post
    I do 99% city driving and mine is always around 7.1 Remember, I'm slowas.... and it's 'lady driven' lol.

I grew up with a TTC bus driver dad. He taught me economical driving, how to park to avoid dings and run-away buggies, and of course, some mechanics.

Can't wait to hit the roads Sunday and 'drive' it instead of going from red to red!
    Wanna go into details on how you were taught to avoid dings and dents. I swear people hit my little Micra like no tomorrow. I mean come on they get this extra space and they still manage to hit my car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    sometimes, when walking in the parking lot of Ikea, i see people with nice car taking 2 spots.... asshole behavior, but i can understand... I witnessed that a girl with a beetle (no stereotype) parking next to a jeep... funny part is.. she self-destroyed her own car... and the jeep probably had a few scratches.... now if i have a ferrari parked there instead of a jeep, it will be totally different story.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoedhard View Post
    Wanna go into details on how you were taught to avoid dings and dents. I swear people hit my little Micra like no tomorrow. I mean come on they get this extra space and they still manage to hit my car.
    Sure, no problem:

- If a parking lot is sloped a bit, never park near the bottom, run-away buggies will find your car! I've seen this many times.
    - If there's an end spot, park as close to the end line in that spot, so the next guy beside you has more room in 'his' spot (assuming he parks IN his spot), avoiding door dings. (hopefully).
    - I park somewhat near a buggy return, but the farthest one from the store. People tend to return them if it's nearby.
    - I even scan above: I had a walnut fall from a tree denting my old car, and of course, sap, mess, etc.
    - And lastly, park far away, then something that is more likely than you winning the lottery will happen, a guy will park right beside you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wynter For This Useful Post:

micrapolis (05-07-2016)