Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cell phone / GPS holders

Thanks
    but i don't understand the first 2 holders.. isn't that going to screw up your CD drive?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    but i don't understand the first 2 holders.. isn't that going to screw up your CD drive?
    I don't use the CD drive. I guess that will be a feature when I sell. Used car but never used CD drive.

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micra2080 View Post
    The manufacturer of my phone holder recommends not over-tightening the screw on the mounting hardware (expanding plate) to avoid damaging the cd slot frame. This unit also came with 3M adhesive rubber pads that stick onto the sides that grip the inside of the cd slot when the plate is expanded; it holds quite securely even when not screwed on tight. The plate itself only extends about a cementer or two inside the cd slot, so it doesn't make contact with the laser, spindle or eject mechanism:

Name:  51sVjYKNlrL.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  35.8 KB
    amazon.ca
    Last edited by Micra In The Mountains; 02-29-2016 at 06:12 PM.
    Nice!

Thanks
    So i finally got the time to install it.. here it is...

It uses 3M tapes to stick on any where on your car. i Put mine there, because i don't like to have anything blocking the view, and my iphone cable is pretty short.

I like it for the price it is. and it doesn't take much space and does what it does.

a small remark is that this support comes with a small piece of metal with 3M tape that you should stick it behind your phone. Since I am planning to resell my iphone later and I am not the only person using the car, so i ordered a very simple iphone cover for 1 dollar, put the sticker on the cover instead.. so both me and my wife can put our phone in the cover when we drive.
    Name:  IMG_2515.JPG
Views: 387
Size:  53.4 KB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to micra2080 For This Useful Post:

reallylostalot (08-05-2016)