Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New plates arrived today! Pic of old & new

Thanks

New plates arrived today! Pic of old & new

I've had these plates for about 30 years. Quite a difference of letter size and style since then.

After my Toyota was broken into and then vandalized, I put generic plates on it, about 8 years ago or so, debadged most of it to disguise it. So happy to have mine back and tomorrow they will be on my Micra!

Name:  100_1740.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  90.1 KB

Thanks
    customized plate is one easy way for the government to make money, instead of raising tax.. but in Quebec, we are not allowed, because they were scared that people would put english words on it.. (that's what i was told)..

The other night i saw an Ontario plate with NO1 JRK... and he did show that with his driving style.. lol

Thanks
    I'm surprised they don't screen first and then approve what they find appropriate to make $$.

Interesting that they'd admit that on their plate!

Mine were $100. years past, guessing I got them in 1986, and $99 to renew now. If you want a totally new set, they are $300. I wouldn't have paid that.

Thanks
    if i remember correctly, they started with custom plate a few years back.. then.. there were too many english plates, which forced them to stop it completely..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to micra2080 For This Useful Post:

Wynter (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    I have veterans plates, so I guess I could be considered to be part of the custom plate club, right?

Can you explain your plate.. Im still scratching my head trying to figure it out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    i can't stop thinking that it has to do with dildos.. sorry..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to micra2080 For This Useful Post:

Eye (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    LMAO right now! Most people interpret it as micra2080 does. When my ex husband drove the car he got nasty looks! People would look to me at a red and laugh, I replied, "It's not what you're thinking"!

This is why I am happy to get these back again; they are quite a conversation piece. It's not: I dildo.

HINTS:
    * Synonym: 'good enough'
    * Say it like this: IDDL-DO (soft I). Or with T's: ITTL DO

We say this often instead of: it will do.... I'd love to put it on a Lexus, Mercedes or BMW some day, what a snob I'd be then!

Thanks
    i have custom plates too! =] too bad now that u have new ones they wont last as long unless u cover them with a plate protector. How come u got new ones? what is wrong with the old ones they look better since there like "old"

Thanks
    Oh man. Now it makes complete sense. Thats exactly the phrase I say when talking about my micra. "Yup. Itl do.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    L!ghtninchris: I removed the protector from the dealer; if they want me to advertise, they can pay me! lol
    I bought clear covers, had blue on it years ago and grey. I've always had covers on, but washing, salt, etc, they still rust. Every time I touched the old ones, rust would fall to the floor.
    Apparently every 5 years if your plates are rusted or not legible, MTO will issue a free set.

Howie! Your plates trump any personalized plate, being Veteran plates! Respect for all you do!!
    Glad you figured it out!! How often we say, iddl-do or however you spell it. Took a new shot by the lake for my garage pic here.