Thread: Micra K12 2003 / power loss, erratic idle, stalling, dying,

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Micra K12 2003 / power loss, erratic idle, stalling, dying,

So this is the problem, I've been trying to solve for a year now 😭. And hope maybe someone has a clue, as I se this problem all over many forums but no solution.

Car is kangarooing when throttle isn't floored or held so car is continuously accelerating. Even here it would just suddenly loose power, randomly at any speed.

When revving on idle it's very uneven, and slowly pushing the throttle makes it almos choke or feel very unresponsive. Until it goes over 2000rpm.

When standing on idle the car sounds bluddering.

When driving it feels & sounds like it has very poor power , and just here & there it suddenly works like normal. It's starts to accelerate like normal but in a few seconds just loses its power.

All of this problems seems to get really bad after driving let's say 50km plus or when the car has been used for a prolonged time. And then the car starts to stall completely. And dying when idle & sound like a tractor really. All symptoms gets 100% worsened & car is almost unable to drive.

Will always start up without any issue tho!

This is what's has been checked & or fixed / replaced so far.

Spark plugs
    Ignition coil
    Throttle Body + Sensors
    Fuel Pump
    Catalyst converter
    Lambda Sond

Please help ☹️🙏..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drguak View Post
    Car is kangarooing when throttle isn't floored or held so car is continuously accelerating. Even here it would just suddenly loose power, randomly at any speed.
    It's quite possible that this is your VVT sensor for the intake. I had a similar problem and for quite a while it would not set a code. The first step is to remove the solenoid and clean the valve body with MAF sensor cleaner to see if that resolves the problem.

Eventually the ECU will probably set a P0011 code.

There is a test for this solenoid which involves connecting the 2 pins to 12v and ground to see if it shifts when powered. If you choose to do this test it is important not to leave power connected for more than 5 seconds because you can burn out the solenoid.

Thanks
    I second the VVT solenoid. They commonly fail prematurely on these vehicles. I had one with 20,000km fail.

Thanks
    Huh, VVT Solenoid, good thing to watch out for.