Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Got Micra questions? Post them here to get answers from a Nissan Canada expert

Thanks
    Yay! Midway Nissan in Whitby got one Micra (an automatic SV). I was very disappointed that mine wasn't there, but I got to play with it and get some questions answered.

I linked my Android phone via Bluetooth. Cannot stream music, but it wants to sync with my contacts. Nice voice recognition interface with a speaker on the ceiling.

Connected via USB, the stereo wanted to talk to my phone, but couldn't. Might possibly be iPod only. Line in worked fine.

As I suspected all along, the fuel economy computer, odometer, and trip meters are metric only. There is no option for MPG. I strongly suspect this is the real reason why the US won't get this Micra, though the sales staff denied this as being the reason. There are 2 trip counters, as well as estimated distance until refuel, average economy, and current fuel economy.

Will do a full write up with pictures later.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Odd. I wonder if the UK Micra's display does MPG/miles. The Mirage's display lets you switch between miles/km and mpg/LHK. It's only a few lines of code to enable multiple units/conversions.

Do you know if you'll be getting a paper owners manual, or if it'll be a download? If it's a download, maybe you can get it early and look stuff up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Whitby is only half an hour from me, maybe I should go check it out tomorrow!

Thanks
    The manual they had was in French.

Here's my write-up complete with pictures: http://mymicra.com/?p=268

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Went back today, verified some things, even took it out for a spin! Fun times!
    -The digital display is most definitely metric only. There is absolutely no way to switch it to miles. One button is to cycle through the options and hold to reset the two trip odometers, the other adjusts the instrument cluster brightness when the headlights are on.
    -The light I thought was a low washer fluid light really is a low washer fluid light.
    -The USB port will play MP3's from a USB drive stick, as well as a standard MP3 player. Has trouble with my Android phone.
    -The automatic is fine, but I now know for certain that I will enjoy the stick shift much more.

Thanks
    The gas mileage computer/odometer displays its information in kilometers and does not do miles. I believe there's more to changing this than a "Few lines of code;" for example, the entire LCD display would need to be re-worked to add MPH and MPG. In order to keep the price of the Micra low, Nissan is recycling a lot of components from Europe. Canadian and US safety standards are very close. I think it's a simple matter that it costs Nissan nothing to test the Micra in the Canadian market, as there is really no investment; if it flops, the parts can easily be used in other world markets. If, on the other hand, they invested in changing the instrument cluster to display information in miles and the Micra doesn't do well, the only country in the world where showing information in miles is useful is in the United States.

In other words, the economies of scale favour the Canadian market over the US one when given the global perspective.

Thanks
    When I get my new car Monday I would like to remove the spare and store it in the garage. It will make the car less heavy but what will it do to the air going past that hole. It's a poor place for a spare tire in Ontario and there is roadside help .
    Antruby (Rose) My blog is Antruby.com
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antruby View Post
    When I get my new car Monday I would like to remove the spare and store it in the garage. It will make the car less heavy but what will it do to the air going past that hole. It's a poor place for a spare tire in Ontario and there is roadside help .
    Not necessarily; some minivans and many trucks sold in Ontario put their spare tire in the same spot. Like anything on the underside, it can seize after a decade of neglect, but I've seen this with tires on the inside as well. It's not like it's in the direct path of spray from the tires and is tucked up out of the way. Personally, I appreciate the fact that, when on a road trip, I don't need to unpack the entire trunk to get at the spare tire.

As for aerodynamics, the hole is there with the tire in place or not; I seriously doubt it would make much difference, if any, to the car's aerodynamic profile, and the weight savings might yield a slight improvement in fuel economy. As for me, I'm my own roadside assistant, so I'll be sure to remove and inspect it annually, keeping any threaded components clean and well greased.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

Antruby (05-05-2014)

Thanks

Next week in Montreal: Micra Q&A with the head honcho of marketing

Anyone have any more questions?

Because I've been offered the opportunity to meet for a couple of hours with Nissan's marketing manager for the Micra at the car's official media launch in Montreal next week. (Including drives in manual and automatic Micras.)

See: http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...ull=1#post1388

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Probably not the kind of questions he would address but anyway...

1)Financing: Why not offer the lower rates on the base model too? Actually I know why (it's a bait and switch tactic), and some guys are gonna see this a kinda slimy and it may cause a slight bit of bad press. Or at least give the competition something to ''point out'' when doing a deal.

2) Still want to know which springs to lower with, or a more general query would be: are they going to offer for sale through Nissan any performance upgrade accessories.

Thanks!

Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...