Thread: Anyone else having these problems? (Windows, USB, Keys)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Anyone else having these problems? (Windows, USB, Keys)

I have had my 2015 Automatic Micra since November 2014 and have had nothing but problems since day one (from the hoodlatch piece inside the vehicle literally falling right out and disconnecting from the hoodlatch and no longer opening to issues with the brakes and almost causing accidents, and this was after they claimed they fixed the problem) now I am having problems with the keys when i try to lock or unlock the vehicle, even if I am standing right in front of it (I also tried it with the spare keys that are never used so it can't be the battery in the keys), there seems to be the red light that goes off on the actual key itself but the car remains unlocked if I attempt to lock it.

2nd problem is the USB charger (which they claimed they fixed) however it has only worked once since I bought the car and last night the entire piece came right out!

Lastly, the windows freeze on the drivers side and the left hand passengers side even if it's not cold out (it's frozen for days even with the heat blasted). Just want to put this out there and see if anyone else is having these issues? Also, does anyone elses car sound like its 10 years old at times when they attempt to accelerate?

I will be going to the dealership this week to speak to them about this and hopefully I can get a different vehicle (I only have 8,000 kms on the car and the problems just wont stop). If the problems continue to persist I am thinking of taking this to the Motor Vehicle Safety Department of Canada. I have read on here some people with great experiences with their Micra but my specific vehicle seems like one that Quality Assurance missed and should have never made it onto a lot.

Thanks
    I do find the windows freeze quite easily, so I try to move them every day. As for the usb, I broke mine. The clip that holds the connector is very lightweight. I reconnected it with a dab of silicone sealant so it is held together.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ptbo micra For This Useful Post:

azadeht (01-31-2016)

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply! I am very surprised the the windows are freezing this much (even in warm weather - a bit humiliating at the drive thru having to get out of the car) and after all that Nissan has put me through I would like them to be accountable for their product, and hopefully resolve the issues with the Micra models not just for me but for everyone (fingers crossed!) We all paid hard earned money for the vehicle and should at least get one in working condition, not partially working condition that we have to fix ourselves. Good idea about the USB, sadly I can't even get to the connector, maybe if I find some pliers.... Have you had any other issues with your Micra?

Thanks
    my friend have a scion IQ andthe usb connection between the seat die 2-3 time. not just a micra problem. to many optoins to many problems!

Thanks
    Thanks palourde77! At least it's nice to know its not just the Micras. Unfortunately with mine they had just "fixed" it 1.5 months ago and I stupidly didn't test it out until a few days ago!

That's "10year old sound" sounds like the knock problem.. Btw check that thread and ask Nissan to test your car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    i think my usb port doesnt work, i used to plug in my phone to charge no problem, now it doesnt detect it plugged in i tried other cords and the cord in wall and that works, must be something with thte usb

Thanks
    My entire USB charger piece came out of the car so it may be that it's gotten disconnected. If you're under warranty, take it in but make sure you take a USB charger when you go pick it up because they've told me it worked fine and it was fixed but it wasn't. Also try and take a charger made by the company of your phone because when I brought up my issue about the usb charger they told me I was probably buying cheap chargers from the convenience store (I was using an apple charger so that quieted them down fast).

Thanks
    Anyone following this, an update for you: my windows were dry from the manufacturer and needed lubrication that is why they froze even in warm weather, my USB clip wasn't able to hold the jack so they ordered a new one and my keys they couldn't duplicate. I also had an issue with the passenger seatbelt light on the dashboard constantly coming on even if I just had a sweater on it so they reprogrammed it and it works like it used to without the increased sensitivity. Hope this helps'n

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azadeht For This Useful Post:

Pete (02-05-2016),ptbo micra (02-05-2016)