Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GM fights back: $9995 2016 Chevrolet Spark Canada's cheapest new car

Thanks
    I'd still take a Micra over a Spark.

Thanks
    Me too. I have 3 kids. 3 seats in the rear is a must- Cramped, yes. But absolutely necessary.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Howie, do you have manual locks as I do? I found when attempting to unlock the back doors, it was a tight fit to get my arm through the seat and car frame, and the lock mechanism design is smooth, which is hard to slide. Do you have this issue? Any easier suggestions? Thanks!

Thanks
    I do have manual locks, the easiest way is to do it the way you say. Put your hand through the front seat and the pillar. I find it easiest to do it when I standing outside tho.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

Wynter (01-16-2016)

Thanks
    AUS$ and euro is sufering against the dollar, not just Canada.

i was checking electronics prices late last year....man, if you dont live in the US, you are hosed, period.

Thanks
    I checked the local GM store, and they say the new Spark won't be available for at least another month. I wonder if GM is actually going to advertise it (I never saw an ad for the previous model), or just leave it up to the journalists to go nuts about the price and that'll be the advertising.

Adding to the situation: Mitsu has updated the Mirage with new styling and mechanical changes. It is supposedly available in a couple of months, plus a sedan version. This is going to be an interesting battle.

My money's still on Nissan staying on top, with GM (assuming they actually advertise) taking 2nd place from Mitsu.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Edit: Not a surprise. I priced one out. "This model is not availible for prequalified financing."

Called the dealers. Oh, sorry we wont be getting that one in stock, but we will be getting LT's and LS autos..The other dealer hasnt gotten their price sheet yet.
    Interesting. The opposite of Nissan's strategy, then. You can actually FIND a base S Micra if you want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynter View Post
    I'd still take a Micra over a Spark.
    I've never driven a Spark, but I'll be surprised if the new one is better than the Micra in terms of driving experience. With this fight on, I'm going to make a point of trying one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thats a common GM dealer strategy. They might order 1 per dealer group to keep the advertisement legal. Same when I bought my malibu... And my Monte carlo... And my montana.

Oh, sorry. We dont have any of the base trims in stock, and the base ones are on backorder, so you will have to wait (Forever) or order one in (and put a chunk of money down). But If you dont mind, I have this really nice LT model in stock.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Howie For This Useful Post:

micrapolis (01-18-2016)

Thanks
    ^ you hit it on the nail, howie.

on another note, since Mitsu is keeping the new mirage with the same 3cyl....i wonder why they are priced the SAME as the competition? is there something about it that justifies the same price?

Thanks
    Really - "IF" GM put these cars on the lot you would have some competition i think. I tried to look at one, the numbers were right, when comparing to the Micra SV trim 5spd. the Spark was a few bucks cheaper for me and the screen larger 7" vs 4" and was full My Link. not just a backup cam.
    I tried for a couple of weeks to get a drive in one, wasnt' going to buy a car untested, and couldn't get one on lot that wasn't sold.

I'm happy with the Micra, but if you give people the chance to look, it will no doubt impact a few that were out for the cheap car.

--

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.6 L/100 km ... 43.0 mpg (Imp) ... 15.2 km/L ... 35.8 mpg (US) ...