Thread: windshield replacement?

Thanks

windshield replacement?

Anyone had to replace their Micra windshield? My 2015 base model developed a hairline crack (never saw the chip, far lower corner, but dealer said it was there)...and the auto glass repair places are giving me quotes of $900 to $1000 (ouch) because there's no aftermarket. Guess I'll have to go through insurance but my deductible is high.

Thanks
    Ouch.

I wonder how much gas it would take to drive to Mexico and back... I bet they have good aftermarket & cheap installation.

Winter holiday!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    LOL, sounds good to me....then again I'm supposed to go the UK this summer, maybe I can bring one back?
    Apparently the glass itself is over $500, the moulding is over $150, then adhesive and labour, plus tax brings it close to $1000.

Thanks
    Woah.. A grand..

Unfortunately because these are scarce, there isnt exactly much of a demand yet. If you can put it off, I would until prices come down.. You're probably the first.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    My windshield has been pooched since last winter. I have a crack running from the bottom left corner all the way to the top right corner along with numerous other chips. I tried getting estimates last year for a replacement and they were quoting me around $1000 aswell. Its kind of pointless to replace it for me in Alberta because everyone's windshield is cracked. And knowing my luck ill replace it and have it get cracked by some huge berta truck kicking up stones the next day. Like howie said if you can put it off that's probably the best bet. Have a feeling it will be a few years until there is any movement in that price.

Thanks
    Yeah...with four drivers in the family (it's our only car), and that includes 2 teen drivers, odds the windshield won't be my only car insurance worry - thanks for the replies and advice everyone

Thanks
    my deductible for glass only damage is $200.

the other thing to note....glass cracks worsen (sometimes dramatically so) if you just leave it. not to mention, the safety implications.