Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New 2015 Micra S. Not happy with many things....

Thanks

New 2015 Micra S. Not happy with many things....

Hi, first post here.

Bought a 2015 Micra S. It had a 1 inch scratch on the drivers door, a 'nick' and dent (which I wasn't aware of until the dealer said they'd fix the dent - as I never mentioned a dent) on the passenger door. They touched up the spots, said that's the best they could do.
    The one spot was made worse and both were still visible. I went back, said I was not happy, then they sent me to an independent dent repair shop. He said he won't be able to remove the spots totally without compromising the paint.

Would any of you accept a new car with a dent, scratch and nick?

Other Complaints:

* My last car was manual locks and windows and was no issue. Push the lock, close the door, away you go. NOT with this car! You must use the key OR hold the handle OUT while you push the door the OPPOSITE way, not easy if your hands are sore. One door locks to the left, the other to the right. I find locking the doors to the front of the car a nuisance.

* My first attempt to open the back door caused a lot of swearing. It's hard to reach your arm between the drivers seat to reach the lock and when you do, the design of the lock is flat in the handle, which is quite hard to push to unlock.

* The interior light does not stay on long enough. Not enough time to put your key in the ignition at night.

* Base model does not come with a trunk cover. I called Nissan and said that was cheap, it should be included in this model for safety as I had to buy a sealed container to hide purchases and not get hit in the head with loose items in an accident. Can you believe Nissan Canada suggested I tint the windows!!!

After the car is touched up again, if I can still see the spots, I'm calling the manager.

The car is nice to drive, sits higher than my old sedan, but I've lost sleep and stress over the paint and now all these fiddly things. NOT happy!

Thanks
    you have a bad car dealer! they are everyware!! But I don't understand the problem with your door? Ihave a base micra and I just lock the door and go!

Thanks
    So, when you slide the lock before exiting and then close the door, it locks? Mine does not.
    To lock mine, you must use the key, turn the drivers side to the left, passenger to the right to lock or push the lock, hold the handle open while closing the door. Try and tell a senior how to do that! I now let the passenger exit first, then reach over and lock that door. Thanks for the reply!

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum!

The dings and scratches -- I would have asked for a small discount on the car or a credit on service or accessories from the dealer. Rarely can you fix paint damage without it being obvious afterward. The devil's advocate will say you should shouldn't have accepted the car until you had it in writing how it would be addressed.

As for the door locks, that's been standard operating procedure on all the manual locking cars I've had for years. The idea is you'll never accidentally lock your keys in the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    PS: I know everyone's different on this topic, but I definitely wouldn't lose sleep or stress over the cosmetic issues. After all, it's only a matter of time before it suffers more dings and scratches anyway. (Of course, that doesn't excuse the dealer for delivering a new car with damage.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome!

It wasn't until after I took the car home, that I saw the marks.

I can see the benefit so you don't lock your keys in, but if you close the door the way I was instructed, (with no key) you still could lock your keys in. I am getting used to the front doors, but the back doors; very hard to reach through and slide the button that has no 'edge' to grasp, to unlock.

Thanks for your reply!

Thanks
    I know with driving, you will get chips, but I hope you can appreciate that I'd expect a brand new car to be free of flaws, especially after you've spent $18,000. I'm glad the independent contractor was able to repair the dent at least. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks
    Welcome! Just my take on your "Other" complaints:
    -Nissan door locks have worked this way since before I had my K10 1990 Micra; sounds like you're more familiar with a domestic method of operation.
    -I agree these door locks are not the best for manual operation; for manual-only, I always preferred the plunger style:
    Name:  doorlockmicrak10.JPG
Views: 1001
Size:  24.0 KB
    -The interior lighting is pathetic. Besides not staying on long enough, it's not even bright enough, and should be centrally located. I upgraded mine with an LED bulb to help out a little.
    -The trunk cover is pathetic; I doubt it would provide any kind of protection from flying debris in an accident, as it pops out very easily. One day, I looked at it the wrong way, and it popped out when I closed my hatch. The only thing it's good for is for holding my Micra euro plate.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlphaMicra For This Useful Post:

cropgirl (01-14-2016),LilGeckos (01-11-2016),Wynter (01-10-2016)

Thanks
    Thanks AlphaMicra for sharing as it helps to know others have similar issues.
    It's good to know the trunk cover really isn't that beneficial, so I'm happy now with my container. From the instructions in the manual, it seems to be awkward to remove and replace, as I thought it would retract on a roller.
    I traded in my 1999 Toyota, and it had plunger locks as you describe. They are much easier.
    If I can get some kind of compensation for the paint being damaged, I'll be happy, except when I need to reach to the back and unlock the back door, wow that is a nuisance!
    Thanks for the photo and post! Much appreciated!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynter View Post
    Hi, first post here. Welcome!

Bought a 2015 Micra S. It had a 1 inch scratch on the drivers door, a 'nick' and dent (which I wasn't aware of until the dealer said they'd fix the dent - as I never mentioned a dent) on the passenger door. They touched up the spots, said that's the best they could do. That's pretty poor service!I'd take it that way if they offered a discount
    The one spot was made worse and both were still visible. I went back, said I was not happy, then they sent me to an independent dent repair shop. He said he won't be able to remove the spots totally without compromising the paint.

Would any of you accept a new car with a dent, scratch and nick? If the price was right, yes. The last car I bought as it was coming off warranty had a dent in the tailgate. The woman was very up front about it, and it was reflected in the selling price. Saved me the trouble of denting it myself

Other Complaints:

* My last car was manual locks and windows and was no issue. Push the lock, close the door, away you go. NOT with this car! You must use the key OR hold the handle OUT while you push the door the OPPOSITE way, not easy if your hands are sore. Pretty standard for Japanese cars in my experience One door locks to the left, the other to the right. I find locking the doors to the front of the car a nuisance.

* My first attempt to open the back door caused a lot of swearing. It's hard to reach your arm between the drivers seat to reach the lock and when you do, the design of the lock is flat in the handle, Yeah, I agree, not the easiest to get open which is quite hard to push to unlock.

* The interior light does not stay on long enough. Not enough time to put your key in the ignition at night.

* Base model does not come with a trunk cover. I called Nissan and said that was cheap, it should be included in this model for safety as I had to buy a sealed container to hide purchases and not get hit in the head with loose items in an accident. Can you believe Nissan Canada suggested I tint the windows!!! This is pretty standard, I mean it is a base model car. Of the cheapest inflation adjusted car EVER sold in Canada post WW2. I am surprised that it even has an "aux" input in the stereo. As long as the rear seats are up, the only way something in the cargo compartment is going to hit you is if you start rolling, in which case the trunk cover is going to fall out anyway

After the car is touched up again, if I can still see the spots, I'm calling the manager.

The car is nice to drive, sits higher than my old sedan, but I've lost sleep and stress over the paint and now all these fiddly things. NOT happy!
    I hope it's smooth sailing from here on in!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woofer2609 For This Useful Post:

cropgirl (01-14-2016),Wynter (01-10-2016)