Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New 2015 Micra S. Not happy with many things....

Thanks
    Yes, this car is a great value, but that doesn't excuse a dent, chip and scratch on a new car. I've had many people say the dealer should have inspected the car.

Mine is a 2015. Yes, it is fun to drive. Sits higher than my Toyota I had for 16 years.

I can appreciate your thought process of it being 'just a micra' due to the cost , but I still park mine far away from others and on the highest level in the parking lot to avoid run away grocery carts, as I want to keep it looking as good as I can.
    Now I am dealing with regrets for choosing metallic grey over fresh powder. I saw a white one the other day and it really stood out nice, and the grey just blended in with the road. UGH!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynter View Post
    Yes, this car is a great value, but that doesn't excuse a dent, chip and scratch on a new car. I've had many people say the dealer should have inspected the car.
    Clearly, you are unfamiliar with the Yugo. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6929504-the-yugo

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    cute link. Hadn't heard of a yugo! It reminds me of the Chrysler Neon!

Thanks
    Chrysler Neon? What's that?

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    sorry to hear about your truobles with the dealer. not all are bad, but enough of them are , that the entire industry deserves to be sworn at.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Wynter, consider this perspective: For what you paid for your Micra with extended warranty, what else could you buy? Everything else in its class, even as a stripper base model, would still cost more than what you paid, but none would be as fun to drive. I still think you got a great deal even with the cost of the extended warranty. Also, if you bought a 2015 model year, you're probably eligible for a cabin air filter, something I believe they plan on stopping.

Whenever I get a new stone chip, I merrily say, "Oh, well; it's just a Micra!" It really is a no-stress car, if you allow it to be.
    Actually the Hyundai Elantra is offering 4-5000 in discounts. More car for almost the same money as a micra.

Thanks
    You've really not heard of the Chrysler Neon AlphaMicra? When you say 'neon' people laugh and think, junk/trash. Here's one link.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chrysler/Neon/2000/

Thanks
    Thanks micrapolis. They're all out for one thing, to dupe you and make as much money as they can. I was grateful the manager at least gave me a credit.

Thanks
    Londonguy, good deals, but I've heard that Nissan is much better than Hyundai. I like the Micra, just wish some designs were made differently and I didn't have the issues with the marks. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Londonguy View Post
    Actually the Hyundai Elantra is offering 4-5000 in discounts. More car for almost the same money as a micra.
    More car in what respect? More fun to drive? Don't think so. More easier to park? Nope. More bland, mind-numbingly boring? I'll give it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynter View Post
    You've really not heard of the Chrysler Neon AlphaMicra? When you say 'neon' people laugh and think, junk/trash. Here's one link.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chrysler/Neon/2000/
    Oh those, I always thought they were made by Dodge. I see a lot of those on the road from the 1990's. In fact, now that you've pointed them out, I think I see more Neons on the road than Micras. Huh. Guess I'll have to take your word on it that they're junk.